Sundown Audio

Need help with amp tuning! And amp suggestions

Whats your guys opinion on the db drive pd 2000 to push two 12" Type X? Im not looking to win comps, just trying to make a loud daily system. I'm also new to trying to tune amps. Not sure what the correct procedure is but I just kinda tweak stuff till it sounds good to me. Gains I have on my amp are; LPF, Subsonic, Bass EQ, and Gain. Could you guys give me a basic idea of tuning if possible and what each control does? I obviously know gain. But just a elementary definition of each would be helpful. To me it seems like subsonic basically limits the excursion of the sub, if its turned up it seems like the sub will have less travel and be quicker, where its the opposite when turned down.

Also port tuning when it comes to box building, how is that accomplished?

the only way to truely set the gain is with a dd-1 or an oscope.. clipping is BAD can damage even the best sub.. as to the rest ill let somebody step in who can explain better than me..also for design a box hit up the torres calculator (available on the site)

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

As for the amp get a better one DC2K or or crescendo. And for the gains get a DD-1 very easy to use.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

As far as the amp, it was suggested as a cost efficient but still well rated amp. I'm currently using a power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1d. I don't have a whole lot to spend and I'm not looking to win comps, just want a good reliable amp.

As for the DD-1, where can you get it and what is it? I tried googling it but didn't get any results

the only way to truely set the gain is with a dd-1 or an oscope.. clipping is BAD can damage even the best sub.. as to the rest ill let somebody step in who can explain better than me..also for design a box hit up the torres calculator (available on the site)

I tried checking out the calculator, do you just change port length to get the different freq? And what the hell is a baffle lol

Smd dd1, its a distortion detecter that you can buy online at westcoastcaraudio, or click the banner on main page. It's Mr. Meades online store and he's the one who puts out the dd1. As far as Tue other settings,bass boost all the way down, low pass set to 80hz, and subsonic set to 5hz below box tuning.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

You can also use a dmm to set gain.

Not really accurate or better but gets you close.

Better than not doing anything

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Smd dd1, its a distortion detecter that you can buy online at westcoastcaraudio, or click the banner on main page. It's Mr. Meades online store and he's the one who puts out the dd1. As far as Tue other settings,bass boost all the way down, low pass set to 80hz, and subsonic set to 5hz below box tuning.

goes for every sub?

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

I think I remember seeing that now on the site. I have heard of the oscope way but didnt know which would be easier and would be capable of helping me with all the settings and not just the gain

goes for every sub?

The filter settings are normally set to what you like, but a general rule of thumb is 80hz on low pass for subs, and the subsonic 5hz below tuning.

I think I remember seeing that now on the site. I have heard of the oscope way but didnt know which would be easier and would be capable of helping me with all the settings and not just the gain

The DD1 is the easist tool to use honestly. Meade and tony made this thing pretty simple to were i feel my wife could even use it. It gives step by step instructions on how to set the gains and find max volume of your head unit.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3