Mechman Alternators

i saw the thread on the GM blowout and i couldnt pass it up i placed an order that day for a 400a unit and bam 2 days later its in my hands at first i was concerned because the dyno label said it only did 165a at idle and 274a at full output so i made a call (very friendly by the way) and it turns out there was just a mixup with the labeling and my alt is completely fine i cant wait to put it in if i ever need a second 400a unit :peepwall: i wont hesitate at all to hit up mechman

thanks guys

400a of greatness

IMG_0059.JPG

Edited by zayres29

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

damn, everyone is getting theirs and im still waiting on mine =/, i ordered mine on nov 23

It probably has to do with your vehicle I have a really common alternator so mine is like mass produced

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Nice buy for the price. My only problem with that particular unit is that I believe that I saw it only does 40a at idle.

you need to put a load to really know the amperage is giving out, at 40a it must have just been charging the batteries and keeping the car on.

Nice buy for the price. My only problem with that particular unit is that I believe that I saw it only does 40a at idle.

you need to put a load to really know the amperage is giving out, at 40a it must have just been charging the batteries and keeping the car on.

This is a quote from Mechman about the 400a unit.

"maybe 40 amps at idle."

Now seriously dude quit posting just to post. If you have something useful to say then that is fine but just posting to raise your post count is getting really annoying.

"maybe 40 amps at idle."

Now seriously dude quit posting just to post. If you have something useful to say then that is fine but just posting to raise your post count is getting really annoying.

im not posting just to get my count up, it can stay at zero for all i care. just giving my opinion

edit: i read your first post wrong, i thought you tested one and only saw 40a. my bad

Edited by Miguels

"maybe 40 amps at idle."

I saw the thread you are talking about CJ and yeah, it said 40A @ idle.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/125580-overstock-sale-gm-high-output-alternator/

How many amps is the 400amp alt doing at idle and do u have one in stock?

maybe 40 amps at idle.

How would it be an overstock sale if we didn't have them in stock???? The quantity on hand is listed in the first post.

Now shut up Miguels pardon.gif

Edited by Lbox88