Very long AMD "RANT" PLEASE READ!!!

MAXIM, im just gonna sit back and let you take over :popcorn:

Lol I love hardware threads. I've been rebuilding and fixing computers for the past 7 years but it wasn't until this summer that I got to build one from scratch. I'm studying computer science but hardware's definitely my passion. :drinks:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

ah, old memories... makes me want to put together an old-timers rig with some of my stored 3dfx hardware lol... :peepwall:

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

ah, old memories... makes me want to put together an old-timers rig with some of my stored 3dfx hardware lol... :peepwall:

I was so pissed off when they got bought out... lol

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Ivy Bridge is just a "tock" from the "tick" that was Sandy bridge. There have been plenty of articles about what Ivy brings to the table.. Die shrink (22nm) a slightly more optimized mem controller, and should have PCIe 3.0 hub internal. Nothing really ground breaking. Ocing should be further improved due to die shrink, but of course, us OC'ers have to keep voltage scaling in mind as 22nm MIGHT BE VERY PICKY with voltage!!!

Yes...I remember how different things got during the switch from 65nm to 45nm. Q6600s and the like could take some relative abuse compared to 45nm Wolfdale chips, etc. I happen to have an E8500 running 4132MHz at a small 1.252v. With 22nm I can't imagine what'll happen..

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Lots of 2500/2600's at 1.3-1.4v out there. Its not so much about the process as it is about the design. Hence why you could feed K7's 2.1v+ 24/7 loaded for years on air, but P4's would suffer SNDS (sudden northwood death syndrome, more correctly called electromigration) when north of about 1.65v.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

If anybody really wants to see where the future of computer gaming is going, go check out the demo of bulletstorm. Full 1080p graphics with Max settings with NO install streamed like a hd movie processed remotely.

If anybody really wants to see where the future of computer gaming is going, go check out the demo of bulletstorm. Full 1080p graphics with Max settings with NO install streamed like a hd movie processed remotely.

I've heard of games in the future using this sort of processing. You install a simple client, it logs you in, all the graphics processing and rendering is done server-side and all you do is stream the video to your screen and send out commands via mouse and keyboard (or other input). It's a cool concept for portable devices (about a year ago there was a video of a guy "playing" Crysis on an iPad). But I can't imagine it taking over gaming machines. Too much lag comes into play. When you get anywhere from 15ms-50ms of ping on a quality connection, that's a lot of response time compared to a computer monitor with 2-8ms "ping". It's fine for portable devices or less response-dependent games, but online racing games, online RTS games, and every multiplayer first person shooters would have issues with latency.

I've hooked my machine up to a 70" Elite TV at Best Buy for a LAN game night we held for employees and I found Battlefield 3 unplayable, even simply on campaign. Response time is critical in these games and using a remote server as the go-between for hitting buttons and having the image show up on your screen isn't the way to go for heavy gaming applications, nor is it a cost-effective maneuver for game developers to support.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

this thread (mine) is getting a little side tracked.. This is NOT about hardware you used back in 1994 or you are just now getting into OC'ing etc.... Lets keep on track here. Yes the first 3dfx add on cards were bad ass. That was the 1st "REAL" SLi.. I had 2 12mb voodoo2's in SLi to play need for speed, but again, NOT what this thread is about... Please stay on topic

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Lots of 2500/2600's at 1.3-1.4v out there. Its not so much about the process as it is about the design. Hence why you could feed K7's 2.1v+ 24/7 loaded for years on air, but P4's would suffer SNDS (sudden northwood death syndrome, more correctly called electromigration) when north of about 1.65v.

A+ Sir :hi:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

this thread (mine) is getting a little side tracked.. This is NOT about hardware you used back in 1994 or you are just now getting into OC'ing etc.... Lets keep on track here. Yes the first 3dfx add on cards were bad ass. That was the 1st "REAL" SLi.. I had 2 12mb voodoo2's in SLi to play need for speed, but again, NOT what this thread is about... Please stay on topic

2nd 6950 on the way (hopefully this one unlocks as well) :pardon:

This is why I can't hate AMD

k9zyw5.png

wtf is lolcats?

Archived