So yesterday as I arrived at work, I have this homeless guy approach me, looking for handouts. This guy has been a problem around my work for the last year or so, and has had the cops over there, kicking him out several X's.

Just to paint you a picture, he's not a big guy... I probably have 30 lbs on him, but he looks potentially "street tough" and maybe 40 years old.

Anyway, I just gave him the hand motion which says, "No. Just get the ef out of here".... and I went on into my work.

So about 15 minutes later, I'm laughing and joking with my female co-worker, facing away from our store front, when suddenly, this same homeless guy comes to our front door, and starts trying to hustle us for free food / money......

And I just freaking snapped ! I threw my tools down, and charged at him standing in the doorway. He backs up onto the front walkway, where I just freaking unleashed on him. I started with "MF ! Don't you understand English ?! I told you to get the EF out of here......" So he started to say something, and I jumped forward, cutting him off with, "MF STFU ! I told you to leave this shopping center NOW" ! He stood there quiet for a second, then started to say something else, at which point I squared off to him, and loaded the right hook...... and I told him once more, "MF you are this close......"

Finally, the guy gets the message, and decides it would probably be best to leave, and starts walking off, but looking back frequently, to make sure I wasn't following him. I could still feel the veins in my neck pulsating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So anyway, here's the thing; I really am one of the nicest guys a person would be likely to meet. I am not a fighter, or a badass (contrary to my appearence) and I HATE to be a raging dick head, like I obviously was. But at what point does a guy just have to put his foot down ?

It also kind of bothers me to know that this guys life probably sucks way more than most of us could even imagine.... and here I am, making it even worse !

But then the other side of me feels like I did what I had to do, and hopefully the guy will leave me, and our patrons alone for a while.

Hmmmm. I just hate to be forced into this kind of stuff.

Your thoughts ?

Fish

if the guy is asking for food

you know he's in real bad shape

however if they're just asking for money I'm skeptical

Edited by Emoxihax

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

Honestly, Im 50/50, there was a news story about homeless, you know some people who claim to be homeless make over 100g a year?

no joke, if you think about it, if at the intersection some one gives the guy a dollar, and that happens 30-40 times a hour, thats 30-40 a hour :P

now times that by how long hes out there

lets just say hes out for 8 hours a day..

30x8 is 240..

now lets say he does that 7 times a week

thats 1680, a week....

there are SOME homeless who really need help, then there are some who look homeless to take from peoples kindness

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Well you've told him many times to go,and he knows hes not getting anything but he tries anyway.

sometimes you gotta stand up for yourself, you can be a nice guy and not be a pushover.

it does affect business having some one stand outside asking for money,and he probably does make as much as you a week.

Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.

I hear you guys. And not to try to say that these actions make it all okay > However, my work has donated large amounts of food to the county 'feed the homeless project', and I have brought more perfectly good clothes to them in the last couple years than you would imagine (remember, I lost a ton of weight, and needed all new clothes like 3 or 4 X's)

As for the guy possibly being truly hungry..... I talked later withour security person, who told me that she saw the same guy later, at the other end of our complex "wasted drunk" (apparently more thirsty, than hungry) bugging shoppers for money, and she also kicked him out of the shopping center.

Fish

Edited by Fish Chris

Well if he's a drunk, fuck 'im. It must be shitty being homeless, but that doesn't give them the right to bug the hell out of everybody they see. Like you said, you donate to the homeless projects so if he wasn't a drunkard, he could be a part of those programs and get at least a little bit of help. Can't have sympathy for some people.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

im one of those guys who hates when people come up to me and asks for money and food, etc... and i always say no. Then i feel really bad about it after wards. Idk.. thats just how I am. But then you see some of them with a beer in their hand or a bottle of who knows what, and you know they just want alcohol. Just gotta think that they got themselves into that place in life and they are not really willing to get themselves out. Some are willing to change, dont get me wrong, but the majority dont care and just wanna drink. Those guys i dont feel too bad for. just my 2 cents...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

theres an abandoned house right across the street from me,and i see the same people that ask me on the street for food go and shoot up meth there then they go out and go try to find people with money so they can go buy more drugs and alcohol.

theres children next door and they dont need to see that.

ive only lived here 3 weeks and the house has already been set on fire twice.

i loose respect for them when they start causing trouble and endanger other people.

Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.