Sundown Audio

Looking for a solid 5 channel amp for my system, Help?

DominicT

Right now I've got 4 speakers and a Rockford p3 Shallow mount 12" subwoofer, I'm trying to find a 5 channel amp That I can match with it so I don't need to run a separate amp with the speakers.

The speakers are as follows:

2 6x8" Infinity( Planning on replacing these with new speakers)60w Rms 240w max

2 6x9" Alpine Type E 80w Rms 240w max

The subwoofer is a Rockford p3 Shallow mount 12" Subwoofer rated at 400 Rms 800w Max

Can anyone help me with an amplifier?

I was looking at an amplifier that would provide the perfect wattage for my speakers, but only 250w to my subwoofer, would the sub still be powered enough?

Also, if I were to not want to get a new amplifier, is there anyway I can add my 4 speakers to the amp i'm currently running, which is a

Polk audio 880 Monoblock amp

It's currently powering only the subwoofer, but would it even be possible to add the speakers to the amp, or will I need a second amp, or replace my current one with a 5 channel.

Advice appreciated,

-Dom

You could always run your speaker off the head unit. I don't think running them off the mono plock along witht he woofer would end to well. The mono is desinged for sub frequencies. Not tomention a little over powered for the speakers.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

You could always run your speaker off the head unit. I don't think running them off the mono plock along witht he woofer would end to well. The mono is desinged for sub frequencies. Not tomention a little over powered for the speakers.

Yeah, the thing is, If I turn my hu to anything over 35 volume out of 50 it starts sounding distorted, I want to power the speakers more so the music is louder my hu is only really pushing 16x4, and the speakers are rated at 60w rms, which means they need more power if I want them to sound cleaner at higher volumes.

then get a 4 channel as well.

Yeah, the thing is, If I turn my hu to anything over 35 volume out of 50 it starts sounding distorted, I want to power the speakers more so the music is louder my hu is only really pushing 16x4, and the speakers are rated at 60w rms, which means they need more power if I want them to sound cleaner at higher volumes.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt