Jump to content

Firefighters let house burn over $75 fee


Recommended Posts

Posted

the volunteer fire departments around here do coin collections. They stand their ass in the middle of an intersection with a bucket and people drop money in. They seem to stay funded. Although its 75 bucks. I sure as fuck would be paying htat if it was up to me.

Meh our taxes are pretty brutal, but city services rock. Here it's about $2 per $1000 est. value per month. When my folks lived in a TWP and their house was 3x more than my current home their taxes were less than what I pay... lol But then again, they were TWP so they didn't have any of their own police/fire/rescue. I can literally call the cops and while hanging up the phone hear the siren ;)

Not yet, but I've seen what bs taxes are tacked on.

I just completely disagree with the fire departments services being one of those extra fees.

Like I said in the first page, imagine if the other departments followed suit.

Police department - oh you're about to get murdered? Did you pay your feel?....No? Ooooh you better run really fast cuz we can't do our job and go protect you.

Paramedics - you just got ran over and have internal bleeding? Did you pay your fee....no? Ooooh I think the closest ER is about 10 miles away, try to hitch a ride there and hopefully you paid them their fee.

That wouldn't make sense now would it?

Their city doesn't have a fire department, they don't have fire service period unless you buy some just like your insurance won't pay for your house if you don't have insurance! You can't compare life threatening to your house burning down. Well, I mean you can, but it's apples and oranges :P

I wasn't really trying to compare the situations, I was trying to show that people charging people to do a job that they're already paid for doesn't make too much sense.

I just used those examples because I though something a little more extreme would be more convincing. Haha

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Posted

these guys arent paid. They are a volunteer fire force. Most rural areas or small towns do not have paid fire departments. I live about 3 miles from a volunteer fire dept. You should see these guys. They live for putting out fires and shit. Got the emergency light bars in their cars, cb radios. carry a portable with them everywhere they go. I've seen people jump up and throw money on a table at a restaurant and haul ass to respond to a fire call. While I do not agree with it and think its fucked up as hell I can understand why they charge.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

these guys arent paid. They are a volunteer fire force. Most rural areas or small towns do not have paid fire departments. I live about 3 miles from a volunteer fire dept. You should see these guys. They live for putting out fires and shit. Got the emergency light bars in their cars, cb radios. carry a portable with them everywhere they go. I've seen people jump up and throw money on a table at a restaurant and haul ass to respond to a fire call. While I do not agree with it and think its fucked up as hell I can understand why they charge.

Exactly- this is who put out the fire in my Woods that was heading towards my house like gangbusters. They have fundraisers constantly- even though part of their $$ comes from the COUNTY taxes that I pay. (it is different in different cities, counties, and states).

It isn't about "greed" or "want". It takes $$$ to do their jobs- even if they work for FREE. ....if you ran an audio shop and the customer provided the speakers and etc, you did the entire job with your time for free, would it still cost you money? YES! You have to have the tools, facility, training to do the work, etc.... everything costs money- even when people don't get paid.

I just don't see how anyone can't comprehend this.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install


You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Posted

You know..sometimes you just have to stop, look around, and ask youself...What is this world coming to?

THIS exactly this country is going to hell in a handbasket if we as americans do not stand up and do something about it that is why as soon as i get my own home i am building a bunker and filling it with as many guns and as much ammo as i can fit in there i will continue my normal daily life but once shit hits the fan i will be ready... nobody is going to take anything from me

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Posted

i think we pay taxes and they should pay for it we have voluteers where i am that do it for free. and love to help ppl if you let ppl get away with paying to save there house from fire then the cops are gonna wanna be paid to protect and etc. its out of control ppl should help ppl bc its the right thing not bc it pays well if you don't wanna help don't be a fireman. but idk if i would want a partil burnt house i kinda agree that i would rather just start over also. like i said they are volunteers here so your house will be damn near gone by the time they get there anyways i know it happened to my aunt they put it out but house was gone except some brick walls.

Posted

that would be like a stranger not helping someone if they got mugged or raped or whatever bc they didn't get any money from the person. and if you think thats fair for them not to put out the fire bc of a stupid fee thats just part of the problem in my eyes not part of the soultion :shrug:

Posted

that would be like a stranger not helping someone if they got mugged or raped or whatever bc they didn't get any money from the person. and if you think thats fair for them not to put out the fire bc of a stupid fee thats just part of the problem in my eyes not part of the soultion :shrug:

:werd_msword:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Posted

i would rather have a firefighter that had no training and wanted to help ppl then a firefighter that was just doing it for money :shrug:

Posted

im a paid firefighter and a volunteer fire and i've never heard of a fee nor have i stand by and watch a home burn because someone didnt pay a fee.

Head unit Pioneer deh-80prs

Sub Amp

Highs Amp Skar audio Lp 60.4

Tweeters and Highs 2 Skar audio fsx 6.5 and 2 spx-t

Subs

Batteries?

alt?

Posted

that would be like a stranger not helping someone if they got mugged or raped or whatever bc they didn't get any money from the person. and if you think thats fair for them not to put out the fire bc of a stupid fee thats just part of the problem in my eyes not part of the soultion :shrug:

:werd_msword:

i just mean ppl should help ppl bc its the right thing to do not bc they get paid

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4879 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...