Sundown Audio

subs pop

kidd666

Check your RCAs for static, touch them together to discharge the static in them if that is the probelm. Or you could have some bad output throught your deck.

What kind of amp is it? I know of a bunch of lower end amps that do this, and some amps even use the fact that they don't do this as a selling point. That's what makes me suspect its just the amp.

Its a power acoustik staxx 2000/1

what exactly does it do? does the popping sound go away after u start playing music or does it still happen

during play? i would say check your grounds because i had kind of a similar prob....i would get a loud thump of bass and then sometimes windy noise and it turned out to b the grounds

Its All Good!!!

Build on hold...

keep your volume down when you turn ur car on. its the same pop u hear when you plug in/out your ipod in the AUX? I always turn my volume down before i turn my car off to avoid the same thing. I recently had a popping going on because my power wire was loosing connection in the input with the vibrations of the car. Just had to tighten it down and it was all good.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

I get this to, I don't know what causes it but mine isn't that loud, although it's 2 10's on 70 watts so I wouldn't expect much. I have all my connections solidly put so I can't really say that is the cause. I think it is just because of the initial power up of the amp.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm