Sonic Electronix

Looking For A Groundpounding System On A Budget

The kickers are nice...heard 2 15's hooked to a directed 1200 watt amp it sounded really good. But he paid like 400-500 for the amp alone. Heard 2 15's in a 05' durango with a brutus amp sounded really good as well. Price is right for them too. I'd personally hook up a hifonics up to them as the price on those amps are pretty low and they sound good mated to the kicker lineup...at least from every setup I've heard with them....keep in mind those subs handle 500rms whether the box is sealed or ported.

BTW you should be able to find the cvr15 for around 110-120/sub...depending on how many you want you should be able to get a bxi2006d for a little over $300. Make sure if your going for 4 subs get the 2ohm dvc's to show 1ohm at amp.

That's what I'd do in that position...although I wouldn't want 4 15's in any one of my cars though...

Edited by aquill1

Go with 4 15" Kicker Comp VRs and 500-600rms each. Would hammer in that little wagon.

beat me to it or even four type rs. both can be had on the cheap

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Seems like a pretty good deal...how old or long as he been using them? 4 x 110=440 amp around $330 box no more than 100 bucks to build and carpet. Your looking at $870 plus a little work building a box for all the stuff brand new except a better amp. Personally I don't like power acoustik amps. I had a 1920 watt monster and was utterly disappointed with its weak power output. The rms was supposed to be 440x2 at 2 ohms I think and it didn't sound all too convincing hooked to 2 kicker cvr 12's. I've also heard people recommend them but to me a hifonics 2006d would be better. I'd go with the new stuff and if you didn't like hifonics you could get a power acoustik really cheap like a sl3400d for under $300. I'd pass on the used stuff if I was in your position. If he were to give you that package for say $500 I'd ponder it but I don't like power acoustik so I more than likely would still pass...Would he sell it to you for $500 or is it the $700?

Y dont you ask your brother who has a 178.xx music blastin Burb! ??

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg