Sundown Audio

please read

BassMunky

I was playing my sound with my sundown saz1200 at 1ohm with 2 12 chaos ported box tuned to 35 hz. My problem is it started to make a high pitch noise and the amp had a lil smell. Is this common after I was playing it for a 1 1/2 straight almost full tilt on the deck 30 out of 50, but the amp is at 3/4 gains.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Was the amp actually making the high pitch noise or was it from the subs?

In either case it sounds as if something may have went inside the amp, take the bottom off and see if anything looks bad or burnt.

Was the amp new or purchased used from someone?

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

what kinda head unit are you using, were the gains set with an oscope or dd1, how big is the box , what about your power, is the voltage dipping , alot of these things can cause alot of problems if not done correctly. most likely your power is dipping and your amp is not likeing it. also did your amp get hot? 3/4 gain turned up seems like alot, my 3500 is only up about 1/3, i know its 2 differnt set ups but its another posiblilty.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

imo your gain is set way to high, but your not gonna know unless its set with the correct equipment, as far as the loudness goes, i would turn it off.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

yeah def would turn that off..and get ur gains set with an o-scope or dd-1.. could def be a clipping problem..

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived