Sundown Audio

please read

BassMunky

should i keep the my 1200 amp or get a sundown 3000k amp and run it at 2ohm, but i gotta get another battery right?

There's more to it than just getting another battery, you might be able to get away with it but you have to be able to make power to have power. The batterys just store what power your alternator makes and if your system uses more power than your alternator makes then eventually your battery's wont be able to keep up and you'll get voltage drop. I'd start with a stronger alt before adding battery's, especially if you play loud for longer periods of time.

should i keep the my 1200 amp or get a sundown 3000k amp and run it at 2ohm, but i gotta get another battery right?

There's more to it than just getting another battery, you might be able to get away with it but you have to be able to make power to have power. The batterys just store what power your alternator makes and if your system uses more power than your alternator makes then eventually your battery's wont be able to keep up and you'll get voltage drop. I'd start with a stronger alt before adding battery's, especially if you play loud for longer periods of time.

if i get the sundown 3000z and run the gains really low will i be ok?it will run at 1 ohm with my subs

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

if i get the sundown 3000z and run the gains really low will i be ok?it will run at 1 ohm with my subs

What coil configuration are your subs?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You can run them at 4 ohms final load or yes, 1 ohm final load at the amp. You need someone to help you properly set up your stuff, especially if you're at all considering that Sundown 3000. You can't be sending clipped signal to those subs, or you'll kill em.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

if i runt it at 4 ohm the subs willl be seeing only 800 watts.

I was thinking if i run it at 1 ohm and have the gain really low i will be ok with the setup i have now?and the electrical i have?

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

A DD-1 is under $150......what are your subs and amp worth?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Archived