Just tuneed my amps with DD-1

today was the day i decided to tune my head unit and my amps and after many atemps i am not pleased with my bass amp. my head unit distorts at 34 of 35 on track 1 and 33 of 35 on track 2,I then changeged to track 7 and started to tune my amp i notice it distorts at less then half the gain. i then lowered all my amp eq an was able to go a bit higher. does everyone have this problem or do i have a bad amp? its a brutus BZR2400 and now my highs sound louder and over powering my subs with a MTX 600 watt amp lol

Why are you lowering setting before your amp just to turn your amp up? You must have a thing for added noise into your system...I will never understand why people worry about how high or low their gain is set. You had your amp gain set too high before and now it is set correctly. You are no longer hurting your subs every time you play your music.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I have the same amp. Check and make sure your input sensitivity isn't jacked up. Are you using the remote gain knob?

i dont use the bass knob on my amps, and lowered everything on my amp. do you think the epicenter can be the problem? the epicenter knob was all the way down but the little gain buttons are up

edit: i was also running that amp daily with bad cliping for months and was getting bad smell from subs thats why i'm upgrading my audio and just waiting on subs to get built

Edited by Miguels

today was the day i decided to tune my head unit and my amps and after many atemps i am not pleased with my bass amp. my head unit distorts at 34 of 35 on track 1 and 33 of 35 on track 2,I then changeged to track 7 and started to tune my amp i notice it distorts at less then half the gain. i then lowered all my amp eq an was able to go a bit higher. does everyone have this problem or do i have a bad amp? its a brutus BZR2400 and now my highs sound louder and over powering my subs with a MTX 600 watt amp lol

half gain, full gain, 3/4th gain..

none of that matters, its the voltage it receives from the head unit...

if you send 8v, you could turn it up a 1/4th of the way and be at max power, or you can send it .25v and turn it up to 100%...

if the DD1 is telling you its at what it needs to be for a undistorted signal, then it is :P

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Why are you lowering setting before your amp just to turn your amp up? You must have a thing for added noise into your system...I will never understand why people worry about how high or low their gain is set. You had your amp gain set too high before and now it is set correctly. You are no longer hurting your subs every time you play your music.

now i dont hear my subs till i get to 20 on my volume

I have the same amp. Check and make sure your input sensitivity isn't jacked up. Are you using the remote gain knob?

i dont use the bass knob on my amps, and lowered everything on my amp. do you think the epicenter can be the problem? the epicenter knob was all the way down but the little gain buttons are up

edit: i was also running that amp daily with bad cliping for months and was getting bad smell from subs thats why i'm upgrading my audio and just waiting on subs to get built

Use the DD-1 on the Head unit Only. Set you HU where you get the "most" out of it. Then use the DD-1 after the Epicenter. Set the epicenter where you get the most out of it before clipping / distortion. Then set your amp. Done. If it is for crap after the Epicenter, then there is your issue. You very well could be over powering the RCA input on your amp from your Epicenter.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Maybe that's part of the problem, I believe all EQ'ing and sound processing should be turned off/set to flat before starting the process with the DD-1. Do you have sub level on your deck? If so, make sure it's not at 0. When I first did it on mine I had it set at 0 cause that's where I normally had it but the gain on my amp was at like 75% before distortion was detected, which seemed awfully high since I have 4v preouts. I went back and set the sub level to 5 and redid the process to much better results. I still leave the sub level at 0 though for daily.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Use the DD-1 on the Head unit Only. Set you HU where you get the "most" out of it. Then use the DD-1 after the Epicenter. Set the epicenter where you get the most out of it before clipping / distortion. Then set your amp. Done. If it is for crap after the Epicenter, then there is your issue. You very well could be over powering the RCA input on your amp from your Epicenter.

i will plug the rca coming from epicenter to the DD-1 and try it

i'm a freaking noob, i just noticed i forgot to lower the EQ on the bass side, i did the HU and the highside on eq but left the bass one up, that could be the problem too

Edited by Miguels