Sonic Electronix

its the deck they are infamous for engine whine

strip some speaker wire down to the copper, wrap the wire arounf the rca inputs on the deck and remove a screw on the head unit and wrap the wire that was wrapped around the rca inputs around the screw and screw it back in to the head unit

like this

PioneerFix.jpg

it will ground the rcas because what usually happens is that there is a little fuse that pops inside the headunit on the board and its replacable but its just faster and easier to do this.

i had to do this on my kenwood its not just on pioneers

i had a similar problem it was the amp .befroe you start replacing rcas or any eqipment try this unplug all the rcas from the amp leave all your speakers connected just grab a spair set of rca or buy a 2' and plug it in to the amp only leave the other end suspended but try not to make the ends touch each other or you could blow the pico fuse on h.u. if the noise is still comming thru the speakers its your amp . my amp did the same thing i called the manufacture and told nothing you can dom exept get a repair or new amp lol.

the engine noise usually comes from a ground not being right or a little loose or something, the way i understand it is the increase in rpms in the engine make the alternator push more electricity which is causing interference in your signal at some place in the system. So my suggestion is to ground everything like a boss and see if all of them with beefy grounds helps, also scoshe can be kinda sketch, might want to look into some better rcas too it might help. also they make these ground loop isolators that are supposed to help with engine whine in the signal.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

depends where you unplugged them from, if from the head unit it may still be induced from the rcas, if there unplugged at the amp then that would be a amp issue, either a bad ground or faulty internals

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.