Second Skin Audio

4th order question.

DudeWith4x4

That's how my box is set up. It sounds good to me. But its the only 4th I've done. I may bastardize the box to try other style baffles

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

dc's site says 2 cubes sealed is what they like for the 15

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/woofers.html

factory specs for sealed & ported arent looked at much when building a 4th order... :shrug:

oh i thought ppl took the sealed box they like(site says) and went from there like more power=less sealed n such

edit: talking like an idiot

My factory specs called for .65 sealed for my tens. After running the specs I got a better response with about 1 cube sealed. Just throwing that out there

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

i had a boxed designed by ram designs and for 2 15' it was 3cuf sealed, the subs are 15l7 by kicker and the specs says 5cuf each and the design is for 3cuf for the 2 subs so im guessing if you go bigger it wont sound like it should. let a pro help you with the design

i had a boxed designed by ram designs and for 2 15' it was 3cuf sealed, the subs are 15l7 by kicker and the specs says 5cuf each and the design is for 3cuf for the 2 subs so im guessing if you go bigger it wont sound like it should. let a pro help you with the design

you have them in a 4th order? and i think he wants to learn so he can be the pro i think anyways. and if it is a 4th is it that small to fit the amount of room you had to do it?

sealed was 3cuf the chamber was 6cuf i have all the space i need since it was in a truck

my brother also had one built in a shop and the sealed side is 1.1 cuf for an RE XXX, so my guess is 4th order boxes need a smaller size on sealed. ram_desing went with 1.5cuf because i told him i wanted high SPL. my brother is on the daily box at 1.1cuf. the boxes are designed by different people and proffesional so both cant be wrong and also a few here will say its true

you have them in a 4th order? and i think he wants to learn so he can be the pro i think anyways. and if it is a 4th is it that small to fit the amount of room you had to do it?

sealed was 3cuf the chamber was 6cuf i have all the space i need since it was in a truck

in a blowthru? do you have a log?

yes its a blow through but i guess its still a 4th order box, i actually have 4 15l7 and its 1.5cuf per sub plus 12cuf on the blow through

76535_163225333714404_100000808164287_264426_3708098_n.jpg

Archived