Sundown Audio

Amps power light turns off with heavy bass

Right now I have a temporary 2channel 200w amp to push my Fi X12 (400w rms) and when I have the volume at my listening level (35) ...when songs with LOTS of bass come on the amps power light goes off with the heavy bass and back on when there isn't as much bass. If I turn the volume down it will play everything fine. The amp is a super old Pro Plus amp and I couldnt even find anything for it on the internet. I don't have the gains very high maybe turned up about 20%. Is this happening because its clipping really bad or like a bad ground? Any help appreciated!

Fi X12

AQ750

Pioneer DEH-6300B h/u

I got the wire in the amp real tight and I have it bolted down as tight as i could on my car. Also chipped the paint off where its bolted to.

Did you sand down where the ground is? Could be some paint or something there making it not a solid connection ground. I had just a lil bit of paint and thought it would be fine. But mine would turn on but thats it. After going over everything I was told that and it was the problem.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

I got the wire in the amp real tight and I have it bolted down as tight as i could on my car. Also chipped the paint off where its bolted to.

where exactly do you have it grounded to? Is the grounding surface completely sanded down to bare metal because that was the problem I had with my system, if it isn't a clean ground it doesnt matter how tight you bolt it down.