Can my employer make me work on Christmas??

he wont get paid double time, just his hours and holiday pay which he was anyways, they would have to make everyone work or if they jusk pick you and get you fired for it then its wrongful termination since they only making you work and not everyone in the company, still wouldnt try it though since its hard to get a job now adays, and 8 extra hours of pay wouldnt hurt anyone.

Its not 8 its 12 hours. Its supposed to be Double according to the flyer posted in the Break room. Not everyone in the company is going to work, only certain people they pick if they dont get the volunteers.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

he wont get paid double time, just his hours and holiday pay which he was anyways, they would have to make everyone work or if they jusk pick you and get you fired for it then its wrongful termination since they only making you work and not everyone in the company, still wouldnt try it though since its hard to get a job now adays, and 8 extra hours of pay wouldnt hurt anyone.

Its not 8 its 12 hours. Its supposed to be Double according to the flyer posted in the Break room. Not everyone in the company is going to work, only certain people they pick if they dont get the volunteers.

our company did that to us too a few years back and the people that worked got paid the regular hours they worked and the 8 hour holiday, they just say double pay to get people to volunteer, people at my work was pissed when they seen the check the week after, i was laughing at my coworker because i told them so and still didnt listen to me.

edit: just ask before you say yes, just to make sure you are clear on how they will pay. say you get paid $10 an hour will you get paid $20 plus the holiday pay ask them that way

Thanks everyone for your input. Im really not trying to work it. I already worked the day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day voluntarily. It wasnt worth it either. So Im gonna see what happens with this. I run a Remco machine and one pipe that we do on that machine can cost a few grand. So if we do one an hour you can imagine how much money these people are making with us being there, or how much they are losing with us not being there.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

in addition to what i said, throw in the fact you volunteered over thanksgiving.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

guess im lucky i dont have a family and not religious. i could give a fuck less about working holidays. the part that annoys off is if i HAVE to work it i get paid the same as if its a normal day and i dont make any more money than someone that doesnt have to work it dry.gif.

if youre told to work it then just work it and dont cry about it? shrug.gif

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

your not worried about being fired but your here belly aching about it and if they can legally make you, yea that makes alot of sense.

Nah. Im not belly aching. Im lookin for input, to see if they can make me or not. So I can cover my azz about it. I know they are not firing anyone behind this, but I know they mentioned something about a 3 day suspension.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

guess im lucky i dont have a family and not religious. i could give a fuck less about working holidays. the part that annoys off is if i HAVE to work it i get paid the same as if its a normal day and i dont make any more money than someone that doesnt have to work it dry.gif.

if youre told to work it then just work it and dont cry about it? shrug.gif

But like you said it be easier if I didnt have a family to spend it with. There aint no cryin goin on here. Please dont misinterpret my words.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

yeah, when i first read this, i just thought if they choose you to work, call out lol. if theyre not gonna fire you, then hell yeah, who cares? 3 day suspension? with the money theyd lose from you not working? idk how serious they are about the suspension.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Archived