Can my employer make me work on Christmas??

Well at my work they are looking for volunteers to work on Christmas day. Well Im a machine operator and I can say no other machine operator wants to work that day. Well manager says if they dont get enough volunteers that they are going to have to choose people to work the 5pm to 5am on Christmas Day? Well at our work our Division makes the money. So they WANT us to work. They are offering double pay but they are still not getting the volunteers. Please if yall have any input let me hear your thoughts. Thanks, if I missed something let me know.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Shit, if they told me to work on xmas over here...especially in CA, i'd get double-time for the 8 hours, and triple time for the extra 4 hours....CHA-CHING!

If Sunday is your regular scheduled day off, and since it is a national holiday, I'd tell them to fuck off and find someonelse. They can't make you, they just won't like you as much the following Monday lol

You should look into your local labor board for more info.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

if they let me work christmas day that would be the shit. It would be triple time so i would be making bank

But yes they can tell you when you can work. There is nothing you can do about it but go along with it or have to worry about the chance of getting fired. There are times at my work where they dont tell the mid night shift they are coming in friday night for the over time shift till the day before.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

If you don't work at a place where its a black out day which mean its mandatory then you have no choice, if your work isn't like that and he tries to make you work tell him you can't because it conflicts with your religious obligations and any employer besides those who have black out days have to let you have the time off and can't fire you or write you up because of it. You can say that and just spend the day with your family just don't be stupid and be like driving around town and be at McDonald's or something because if someone gets a picture of you there or your boss sees you there you will get in trouble cause your gonna have to tell him this religious thing lasts all day. Tell him there doing a play with a scene and baby Jesus then time to worship and reflect then taking in the body of christ and the blood then they are having a guest speaker and then the.whole church is visiting a very religious site where the arch angel peter himself visited and your pastor has a story about it. I don't know how your boss is but if you want the whole day off you gotta give him info that's gonna take all day and religion and death are the 2 things that can get you out of work without and reprocussion. Hope I helped

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

in short yes they can

x2 you can say no but they can fire you also :shrug:

Not worried about them firing me. But I dont want repercussions from this. Sux.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

damn logan. super post there haha. but yeah, i was going to say i'd take the religious approach if he came to you asking you to work. idk if its a federal law or what level, but its actually a law that you dont have to work on Sunday. unless: then theres like a kabillion exceptions, basically saying everyone has to work lol. but christmas is also on a sunday, so you could TRY and use either of those? lol.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Shit, if they told me to work on xmas over here...especially in CA, i'd get double-time for the 8 hours, and triple time for the extra 4 hours....CHA-CHING!

If Sunday is your regular scheduled day off, and since it is a national holiday, I'd tell them to fuck off and find someonelse. They can't make you, they just won't like you as much the following Monday lol

You should look into your local labor board for more info.

Well by Christmas Day I would have worked 44 hours. So if I worked 12 hours Sunday how would that pay affect me? I wish they did tell me Triple time cause Id do it then.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!