Can my employer make me work on Christmas??

If you don't work at a place where its a black out day which mean its mandatory then you have no choice, if your work isn't like that and he tries to make you work tell him you can't because it conflicts with your religious obligations and any employer besides those who have black out days have to let you have the time off and can't fire you or write you up because of it. You can say that and just spend the day with your family just don't be stupid and be like driving around town and be at McDonald's or something because if someone gets a picture of you there or your boss sees you there you will get in trouble cause your gonna have to tell him this religious thing lasts all day. Tell him there doing a play with a scene and baby Jesus then time to worship and reflect then taking in the body of christ and the blood then they are having a guest speaker and then the.whole church is visiting a very religious site where the arch angel peter himself visited and your pastor has a story about it. I don't know how your boss is but if you want the whole day off you gotta give him info that's gonna take all day and religion and death are the 2 things that can get you out of work without and reprocussion. Hope I helped

Don't even consider this. I am going to venture that your compnay has more money than you, and therfor can afford a better attourney than you. I for some reason you claim a religious exemption for the holiday, and they do infact fire you for it, and you are not infact religious. The investigation launched by the the defending attourny will find that out and you won't have a leg to stand on.

But, as you have stated, your not worried about being fired.

The only true way to be leagaly protected from not working is if you are in a union and the contracts states that employees are to have that day off. Other than that, there is not a whole lot to protect you from discipline. Maby if you are in a right to work state there might be some portections. But if your in a work at will state, you got nothing other than your ability to work to keep you from discipline.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

Your complaining that you have to work an extra 12 hours on xmas? Shit can I work for you on xmas? There is soo many people that would be grateful even to get to work for 12 hours any day. And let's just say you make $10 an hour. And your company does pay you double time, shit even time and a half that's damn near $200.. soo like I said. Can I go to work for you??? Think of it like this, be thankful you have a job, that's willing to give you hours..

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

Unless they are governmentally based (and usually therefore legally obligated to give you your religious holidays off), they can probably tell you to work and fire you if you don't. You might want to check your contract with the company.

Your complaining that you have to work an extra 12 hours on xmas? Shit can I work for you on xmas? There is soo many people that would be grateful even to get to work for 12 hours any day. And let's just say you make $10 an hour. And your company does pay you double time, shit even time and a half that's damn near $200.. soo like I said. Can I go to work for you??? Think of it like this, be thankful you have a job, that's willing to give you hours..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:clapping:

Nice mood check. Someting we have lost sight of and need to keep in mind

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

It does suck some years having to work holidays but making double and a half OT does make up for it. Next year the holiday will be off set by a day so it may hit my work schedule or it may not. Some years I have the holiday off with holiday pay and its great to enjoy with family. This year I worked Thanksgiving and the day after which are both holidays in my union and the job site is a 24/7 work environment so the site will have someone onsite at all times. I am religious as well as you Logan and I look at it as a blessing in todays times... Either way Happy Holidays to everyone...

I think it's a shame that places even need to be open on Christmas. Money > people

Yes I hear you on this. But it looks like its gonna happen.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Basically the religious aspect won't work. Unless when you where hired and stated I can not work on a specific day because of religion. It sucks to work on christmas but hey life aint fair. If you don't agree with their policies I'm sure in this tough economic time you can find a job making more money.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

yea iv worked the past 5 christmas's in a row .... christmas eve and christmas day lol power plant work never stops! lol but the triple time pay is extremely nice on that paycheck :) but like someone else said you can always say no and they can always get rid of you :(

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Archived