Can my employer make me work on Christmas??

It does suck some years having to work holidays but making double and a half OT does make up for it. Next year the holiday will be off set by a day so it may hit my work schedule or it may not. Some years I have the holiday off with holiday pay and its great to enjoy with family. This year I worked Thanksgiving and the day after which are both holidays in my union and the job site is a 24/7 work environment so the site will have someone onsite at all times. I am religious as well as you Logan and I look at it as a blessing in todays times... Either way Happy Holidays to everyone...

Yeah well Im going to look into how thats gong to work because Im already going to have 44 regular hours done and to add 12 more hours to that. But it would be great to spend it with the family. Happy Holidays to you.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

I probably get to work xmas eve until around 10pm. I wish I could go in on xmas day, too. Double pay? I'll take it, don't care what day it falls on.

OP, why do you NOT want to work when the pay compensation is so good?

Id like to spend it with the family. i worked Thanksgiving so I didnt spend it with the family. The holiday pay was not as pretty as it seemed after it was said and done.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

A sole proprietorship can fire you for anything they want.

A corporation normally goes through HR.

Is it 5pm the 24th through 5am the 25th? If so, take that shift. Pull an all nighter and do what you have to do Christmas Day. If it is 5pm the 25th through 5am the 26th, volunteer to work 12am the 26th-either 6am or 12pm on the 26th. If you're allowed to volunteer, then there are probably no restrictions as to what shift or how long you feel like volunteering for.

I probably get to work xmas eve until around 10pm. I wish I could go in on xmas day, too. Double pay? I'll take it, don't care what day it falls on.

OP, why do you NOT want to work when the pay compensation is so good?

Id like to spend it with the family. i worked Thanksgiving so I didnt spend it with the family. The holiday pay was not as pretty as it seemed after it was said and done.

Your family ain't going anywhere. Who says you have to celebrate and get together on Christmas day? Do it a day late or a day early. Its all the same.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Id take double time christmas day. Fuck yeah! Why complain about it? Go make dat money.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

Bitch stop complaint. Get you ass to work for my fridge. LOL

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Bitch stop complaint. Get you ass to work for my fridge. LOL

Fuxx you 'Los. Make sure that hoe works for my garage.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

It does suck some years having to work holidays but making double and a half OT does make up for it. Next year the holiday will be off set by a day so it may hit my work schedule or it may not. Some years I have the holiday off with holiday pay and its great to enjoy with family. This year I worked Thanksgiving and the day after which are both holidays in my union and the job site is a 24/7 work environment so the site will have someone onsite at all times. I am religious as well as you Logan and I look at it as a blessing in todays times... Either way Happy Holidays to everyone...

Yeah well Im going to look into how thats gong to work because Im already going to have 44 regular hours done and to add 12 more hours to that. But it would be great to spend it with the family. Happy Holidays to you.

I normally work 4 days 10 hour shifts but been working 5 / 10's with some 12 hour shifts in the mix for the last two months. Will be nice to get my 3 days off again but I'm going to ride this OT girl for all its worth...

Archived