bcpballer64 Posted October 30, 2015 Report Posted October 30, 2015 So I went up there, and their humidor is pretty huge. Like 1200sq.ft.? Something like that. But they have a big selection, and they have lockers in there for people to keep tobacco in. It's really smart, first time I seen that. Costs $240 a year, and they put $20 worth of cigars in there every month. Pretty cool. I won't be doing that, but pretty cool. Anyway, I was surprised, my humidor is actually sitting in the low 60%'s. Some of the cigars are a little hard, but none are cracking and they're not too bad. Bought a Xikar HumiStore, going to toss it in there and let it be for a little while. Here's what I have, I need to take them out soon and create an Excel sheet: Nice! Looks like a nice little stock pile! It's not too bad. I was in a monthly cigar club a while back, forgot with who though. Ya know, kinda like a wine club, they send you a sample pack every month. For those that smoke regularly, it's a good deal. Nice your local shop sounds badass I'm jealous. Thinking about picking up one of the cabinets local and making it into a humidor, I went and looked at both today, just need to figure out my bills for the next month to see if i can. Might just do a tupperdore for now though. http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/fud/5275682334.html http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/fud/5266523138.html "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
bcpballer64 Posted October 31, 2015 Report Posted October 31, 2015 Ended up going the tupperdore route for now, picked up a couple of sticks to try out. Using a Lambeau gasket sealed waterproof tackle tray. Nice and durable, plus I can organize my stuff in it. I will probably cut out at least two rows of the dividers though. "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
JEMT8 Posted October 31, 2015 Report Posted October 31, 2015 Ended up going the tupperdore route for now, picked up a couple of sticks to try out. Using a Lambeau gasket sealed waterproof tackle tray. Nice and durable, plus I can organize my stuff in it. I will probably cut out at least two rows of the dividers though. I was a big fan of the Kuba Kuba you got there... The blondie isn't bad either. formerly known as Jaylor Swift
bcpballer64 Posted November 3, 2015 Report Posted November 3, 2015 Ended up going the tupperdore route for now, picked up a couple of sticks to try out. Using a Lambeau gasket sealed waterproof tackle tray. Nice and durable, plus I can organize my stuff in it. I will probably cut out at least two rows of the dividers though.I was a big fan of the Kuba Kuba you got there... The blondie isn't bad either. I was a big fan this morning also... The Punch was good, it was my first maduro, I liked it quite a bit, had some bitter notes of chocolate, maybe a hint of dried berry about halfway through. Now to stay at the top of the slippery slope... "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
Catfish Posted November 11, 2015 Report Posted November 11, 2015 Fairly new to this but i first tried a Arturo Fuente Grand Reserva and i guess that was ok cuz i had nuthin to compare it to. Any a y'all got any recommendations?
3vil Posted November 11, 2015 Report Posted November 11, 2015 I honestly think the best way to get started is to keep the band ring from the sticks you try, then talk to your local tobacconist about what you like and don't like. For example, if you kinda liked the Grand Reserva but maybe you would like a more robust flavor, then tell the guy behind the counter at you local shop that and see what he recommendeds. People on the internet will steer you toward every cigar ever made if you ask for opinions, and your local shop won't have every cigar ever made.
bcpballer64 Posted November 11, 2015 Report Posted November 11, 2015 I am relatively new also but I would also recommend going to your local store and talking to their guys and tell them what you have had and what you like and see what they recommend something I've noticed is that with cigars it is like wine or scotch and that everyone tasted differently and some people take very complex flavours where other people taste nothing one of my favorite brands is Rocky Patel another good brand is acid by Drew Estate however some of the acid cigars are flavored cigars so make sure you watch out for that if you're storing them with non flavored cigars "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
sundownz Posted November 11, 2015 Report Posted November 11, 2015 I'm a big fan of quality cigars as well =) - Jacob Fuller - Owner, Sundown Audio - Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK - Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]
Dos Noob Posted November 14, 2015 Report Posted November 14, 2015 CAO honey at the top of my list. Audio Pumpkin 11-RQ0248+Y0811 Kenwood KFC-C5795PS Doors Alpine SPR-68 Deck Boss 1300.3 8 inch
bcpballer64 Posted November 22, 2015 Report Posted November 22, 2015 Trying to win a giveaway if anyone wants to help me out http://www.rodrigoismyamigo.com/giveaways/padilla-cigars/?lucky=19468 "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.