Tricks to Add Midbass in Doors

OrionStang

Are there any little tips or tricks to gain some midbass output from my door woofers. The door is covered in deadener to be as completly enclosed as possible, but its a big door. What about those plastic cups made to cover the back of the speaker, like a tiny enclosure.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I remember reading a thread where PCA used a 6.5" DD sub and made a tiny ported enclosure for it, i've always wondered if anyone has attempted to make a tiny ported enclosure for some mids.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

those enclosures are too small. if you really want a midbass boost then make a ported enclosure for them. that shouldnt have any negative effects since you are running a 3way front stage. a sealed enclosure will let you put more power to your midbass but you need something like .3 cubes if i remember correctly.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well the mids are getting as much power as they'll ever get. I like the enclosure idea, just don't know how to go about it. Attaching to the door panels and such.

And yeah Lbox, that's what I was talking about, but it seems they are too small.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

this is what i did on mine. it attaches to the door panel with some screws then the whole thing clips onto the door like its supposed to.

P1020742.jpg

the left speaker was in an enclosure for midbass and the right one was IB for midrange. it lined up with the stock speaker placement on the door.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The only thing I remember those foam baffles doing was keeping the backs of my speakers from getting dirty... didn't help my mid bass.

And what you also need to remember is that speaker manufacturers typically design their drivers to run IB, so the better you can seal up the door, the better.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

fuck the big ugly pods! your doors are sexy right now, ken....

What about sealed kick panels? Do have space for them?

I'm not changing how they look, Sam. I'll build on the back side to enclose them.

Kick panels? Didn't think about that, but the drivers side would be very tight. Wonder if q-logic makes them.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived