photochrisb931 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 That is why I said top end sockets lol. Check in to Blue point good price good tools. I like and owned some SK pieces as well, because the Mac rep sold and serviced them. Just remember tools are like audio equipment there is nothing that is cheap. There is less expensive and good then there is excellent and expensive. I know that was the hardest thing to except but as the saying goes we all had to start somewhere. My very first purchases before financing where a set of Mac air sockets since they were versatile, one Snap On ratchet, a 24oz, 16oz, and a small tap Craftsman ball peen hammers and a set of SK extensions. I carried them in to the shop everyday in a Craftsman tool box. Barstad
Jd1102 Posted December 26, 2011 Author Report Posted December 26, 2011 i think im gonna try to save i can get a beginners kit and extra pieces to it for 2100 after tax and regular after tax is 3700 so i just don't know if i can pass that up. thats the snap-ons and then ill just work up from there when i go to work
Jd1102 Posted December 26, 2011 Author Report Posted December 26, 2011 http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=65297&PartNo=9200AGSO&group_id=2290&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all or this for 2700 im thinking this set 2700 after taxes
EricM9104 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 Snap-on ftmfw 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
blkgp_03 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 woohoo because of my school i get all snap on tools at a major discount lol. That kit you just showed me I would get it for about 1250. Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch. TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said: Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box. Tell him T-Fade sent you.
Jd1102 Posted December 26, 2011 Author Report Posted December 26, 2011 woohoo because of my school i get all snap on tools at a major discount lol. That kit you just showed me I would get it for about 1250. i serously doubt that. i have the paper work in front of me and posted the student prices. edit: the original price is 4900 if you look on the page no way you could pay a quarter of that
photochrisb931 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I would not pay the price stated on that website. If you can get it through the school with a huge discount then yes I would do it. The problem with the kits they put together is there are pieces you will rarely use. I rarely used ratcheting screw drivers and prefer the feedback of the old fashioned. the hacksaw is rarely used and u can get cheaper that works as well. the plastic tip hammer is not wanted get a deadblow instead. Pry bars are used regularly but most of the bars I used were 2 to 3 foot not the 16. they also like to throw in all those darn hex keys that cost more than they do for you. I say pick and choose unless you can get a kit for just stupid cheap with the discount respectively when talking about top end tools. for half price if that is the cost these days I would probably do it. man how things change almost 20 yrs ago that kit cost like 1k with the discount now 2700 I hate inflation. Barstad
Jd1102 Posted December 26, 2011 Author Report Posted December 26, 2011 I would not pay the price stated on that website. If you can get it through the school with a huge discount then yes I would do it. The problem with the kits they put together is there are pieces you will rarely use. I rarely used ratcheting screw drivers and prefer the feedback of the old fashioned. the hacksaw is rarely used and u can get cheaper that works as well. the plastic tip hammer is not wanted get a deadblow instead. Pry bars are used regularly but most of the bars I used were 2 to 3 foot not the 16. they also like to throw in all those darn hex keys that cost more than they do for you. I say pick and choose unless you can get a kit for just stupid cheap with the discount respectively when talking about top end tools. pick and choose would cost more and i agree they do throw some stuff i don't need in there but if i picked just what i needed it would at least the same price im sure
wizart383 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 Oh and yeah I have busted Mac Matco and Craftsman ratchets with a 4 footer but never a Snap On. I'm not trying to start anything but, why not use a breaker bar instead of a ratchet when trying to break loose very tight fasteners. IMO that's one example why people break ratchets or other tools.
Jd1102 Posted December 26, 2011 Author Report Posted December 26, 2011 Oh and yeah I have busted Mac Matco and Craftsman ratchets with a 4 footer but never a Snap On. I'm not trying to start anything but, why not use a breaker bar instead of a ratchet when trying to break loose very tight fasteners. IMO that's one example why people break ratchets or other tools. why by a breaker bar if a snapon ratchet won't break?? just buying something you don't need. and prob a lil lazyness to walk back to tool box and get it lolz i worked at greenes energy group when i did stuff like that if we broke a tool they just sent us to the store in work truck and put it on company tab so didn't care plus i didn't see a breaker bar the whole time i was there
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.