Second Skin Audio

ohm rise?

I have been out of car audio for lil over two years but plan on starting another build here soon.My first purchase is going to be my sub 2mrow and i am wanting to run it at 1 ohm.After being on the site again for a couple of days i have been reading on ohm rise due to the box and this and that.so my question is should i buy a dual 2 ohm and wire it down to 1ohm and hope for no rise or should i buy a dual 1 ohm wire it to .5 and expect rise? if more info is needed about the system just let me know.

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere

I have been out of car audio for lil over two years but plan on starting another build here soon.My first purchase is going to be my sub 2mrow and i am wanting to run it at 1 ohm.After being on the site again for a couple of days i have been reading on ohm rise due to the box and this and that.so my question is should i buy a dual 2 ohm and wire it down to 1ohm and hope for no rise or should i buy a dual 1 ohm wire it to .5 and expect rise? if more info is needed about the system just let me know.

if ur gonna run 1 sub i would get the daul 2 run it 1 ohm u nore the amp should notice the rise...just my 2cents

although if u use a ton of wire it can affect the ohm load as well as the resistance

Edited by extremeauto

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

I am a believer of "Impedance Shift" not Impedance Rise.

Now, how you wire it more depends on the amp you are running and the electrical you have to back it. For example, at one point in the jeep we had it wired to approx. .35ohm but with x6 rise it was closer to 2ohm once the coils warmed up. The amps didn't have any problem as long as we warmed up the woofers for a song or two before really hitting it. Some amps will kick on and instantly go into shot circuit protect from your wiring. So yeah, depends on amp, charging system and how much rise you are going to get.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

this is another one of those threads where, if you have to ask about it, dont do it.

Agree'd

Its also one of those things that needs a, "go out and do it, and tell us how it went" response. Every car and every setup is different so there really is no straight response.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

well it will be on a AQ3500 with a dc power 270 alt and two xs power D3100

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere

If you want more power after rise, buy a bigger amp..

YUP YUP!!!! this is what i do and why you will see crazy shit like 7k's and 12k's on a pair of mayhems or dc xl's i dont have to worry about ohm rise i got more power than i will every need on tap

Have you ever had your woofers blown?