New Meca Rules

ALPINE408

Meca is the only one I've ever competed in, and that was just barely. This year will be my first full year of competition. But honestly, I have no clue about all the rules and what not.

I got a lot to learn, and a short amount of time to do it. Guess I better get to reading. Thanks for sharing this info!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Well one thing CAN be said MECA doesnt like to stay the same for very long... The numbers will be interesting to see

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Meca is the only one I've ever competed in, and that was just barely. This year will be my first full year of competition. But honestly, I have no clue about all the rules and what not.

I got a lot to learn, and a short amount of time to do it. Guess I better get to reading. Thanks for sharing this info!

got any questions i can help i am a meca judge actully last year me and my teammate kimo were the meca judges of the year lol to toote our own horn i have steped away from judging but still know the rules very well and is still a back up judge

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Well there is certainly a lot to say about the rule changes but what ever. I kind of doubt running a cheater amp will make a difference either; because, most but not all of them are high current models which don't perform good fused. In California I would say the change affects 80 to 90% of the competitors in S2-S-3.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

If a competitor has a big amp there is no reason what so ever to run a single sub setup now.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

got any questions i can help i am a meca judge actully last year me and my teammate kimo were the meca judges of the year lol to toote our own horn i have steped away from judging but still know the rules very well and is still a back up judge

Thanks man I appreciate it!

Would I fall into S5? 1 12 on 1 7.5k and no fusing.

nope your mod 5 you cut metal which is a no no in street classes if you put a fuse or fuses in you can go down to mod 4

So I assume that I would also be in a mod class, since I removed my backseat?

Last year I brought home first place at a meca show in mod 2. (They placed me in M2 b/c I had the back seat out) But it was only b/c everyone was jumping down to street classes with really small fusing, I just got lucky that day.

So the rules change should somewhat keep this from happening?

Sorry for being a pain, and thanks for your time! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Well there is certainly a lot to say about the rule changes but what ever. I kind of doubt running a cheater amp will make a difference either; because, most but not all of them are high current models which don't perform good fused. In California I would say the change affects 80 to 90% of the competitors in S2-S-3.

you should of seen the equipment that was kicking my ass at finals all mid to entry level equipment lots of cone on some baby amps running off of 40 amps of fuseing cali we think bigger is better hell i got my ass handed to me by 3 type r 12's and a 1200 watt amp with a 153.4 in mod 3

Thanks man I appreciate it!

Would I fall into S5? 1 12 on 1 7.5k and no fusing.

nope your mod 5 you cut metal which is a no no in street classes if you put a fuse or fuses in you can go down to mod 4

So I assume that I would also be in a mod class, since I removed my backseat?

Last year I brought home first place at a meca show in mod 2. (They placed me in M2 b/c I had the back seat out) But it was only b/c everyone was jumping down to street classes with really small fusing, I just got lucky that day.

So the rules change should somewhat keep this from happening?

Sorry for being a pain, and thanks for your time! :drinks:

is it a truck ?

Extended cab trucks including trucks with 3rd or 4th door opitons: the ica (incar cago area) is behind the b pillar and factory "jump seats and their associated seat belts may be removed"

but! quad/crew cabs with 4 full size doors the back seat must be in there factory location and in position

Archived