My DD1 Fixed 4 Things For My Mazda

Ok, so let me start out by saying I had really bad engine alternator noise, unbearable unless you cranked the system, on top of that everything sounded good, but I had no way to know for sure where my amps were when blasting (clipping).

So I have had my dd1 for like 2-3 months, finally got around to using it, ha ha, I have a Pioneer 3400 DVD Headunit, doesn't clip at all, 40/40 with 0db for both 1k hz and 40hz, awesome player, then I have my kicker 30 band EQ, and the kicker 3 ways crossover. then going to 4 amps, 2 for mids, 1 for subs, 1 for tweets, all doing 650rms for the mid amps, and 2500.1 for the subs, anyways, I had lots of noise, I tried to follow the rules to keeping wires organized, rca's in my car actually go through the ceiling, cause the eq and crossover are on the ceiling, so this keeps noise away, but it all comes together in the end, so I thought I was doomed for that alt noise, nothing I can do

397461_10150456158623597_511718596_8835758_1742436212_n.jpg

So I use the dd1, took 3 hours to get it done, keeping having issues with it not seeing signal, or having a distortion, without detecting a frequency, what I learned is that do the headunit with the rcas from the head unit going into the dd1 directly, but anything past that, put it at the amps, do not measure after each device, as for me anyways, I would have no distortion at the eq, but I would at the 3 way, unless adjusting the eq down, which makes no sense, and doesnt let me set it to more then 1v out put (I can do 4 at the headunit, and 9v at the eq, line driver built int, but I do 4 anyways, so I put the dd1 in my sub amp, turned gain all the way down, and set each device easily like that with not having much of any issues, so what are the results!!!

Holy shit, All my alt noise is GONEEE!!!!! ALL OF IT, I was so blown away, I was just sitting there and realized, omg, NO ALT NOISE, so that blew me away, ok so on top of that, I can turn it up to 40/40 with crystal clear extremely loud intense gut satisfying bass craving ear blazing sound, it is awesome!!! I love it, it is so clear, and the best part is that I know nothing is clipping and everything is perfect, on top of that, ha ha, I have 4 more of the 6.5 inch QS Kicker speakers to add in, carbon woven speakers, awesome!! and I have 4 more of the tweeters to add, so its going to be loud and proud, it is such a pleasure knowing all my stuff is working perfect and that there is no clipping, Now the amps used to cut out, and for the most part that is fixed too, the sub amp never does, but if I go to 37 or higher it will sometimes cut the mid amps out only, not the tweets either, so this weird, Idk why it does that, I did use like track 6 or 5 to do the mid amps, like the manual says, which is -10db I think (Going of memory) so for the most part thats fixed, did have a little issue with it tonight, but overall fine!!! THANKS STEVE!!! THANKS D'AMOUR and everyone who did this, it really is worth the price, I can say I would easily buy one again!!! Gonna be honest, at first I didn't really totally believe it would be worth what it is sold for, was kind of disappointed at the announced price, but after seeing how they are made, all the hard work, and what this device does, I would recommend it to every bass head who loves car audio, it is no doubt in my mind that it is worth every penny, now I just need to get mine signed by the man himself :D ha ha

Derek

Edited by dereileak

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

thanks for the great review! Glad you are so happy! We love to hear that! :yahoo:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

awesome glad you got most of those issues solved with a great product like this. DD-1 ftmfw

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

one quick question how can you raise it all the way up to 40 i have a similar headunit the pioneer 3200 and at 30 the music is already screaming 40 must be super loud.

remember that i am setting the gains on the amps to match it, but yes, 40 is very loud :D

The DD1 fixed my alternator noise also..I know you're happy about that!

Yea, I didnt expect that to happen at all

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I just got mine yesterday and have set four different sub amps and a 4channel with it....they all sound soooo much better

and my 8 in my tline for my suv is louder too

Good review and nice little write up. That alt whine can drive you CRAZY! Glad your toy got it all fixed up. :D

On a side note with your Pioneer HU: have you tried grounding your RCA shielding at the back of your HU? Probably no need now that the DD-1 has you squared away, I just know it has helped lots of people in the past with Pioneer HU issues.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.