Sonic Electronix

I picked up 2 incriminator audio death row 18's back in august and they are still brand new bc I haven't got around to building the box for them yet. I'm getting everything together little by little and the thought has been crossing my mind to sell the 18s and go with 4 audioque 3.0 12s. What do you guys think? By the way the vehicle it will be going in is a 2008 chevy trailblazer.

edit: after looking at prices it would probably be the 2.5 series 12s not the 3.0

Edited by CrazyCricket12

more cone area with the 18s pretty sure if math is right.

36pie x 4=144pie

81pie x 2=162pie

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

It all depends on what you are trying to do. If you want deafning bass, the 18's are the better choice. The AQ's are a extremely solid choice also. My personally, I would run the 4 x 12's if I had the room.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

louder varies with every car box etc. but they do have more cone and id go with the 18s. but its your choice. you do have more motor force with the 12s

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

I mean I'm happy with what my original plans were(running two 18s). I just thought it may look better with four 12s vs two 18s. One other reason I have thought about this is bc I found out about AQ after I already bought the IA's and since I found out about AQ I've been wanting to try them out. So I guess my main reasons for considering the switch would be looks and curious about the product. If there's not going to be much difference between the two ideas on the outcome sound then I'd be willing to try and sell my 18s just to give AQ a try. I'd honestly switch for two AQ 18s of the same caliber just bc of the fact I want to try them lol.

36pie x 4=144pie

81pie x 2=162pie

That's not quite how you calculate cone area. You need to measure the sub from middle of surround to middle of surround for the diameter.

But, yes an 18 has more cone than 2 12s. It really comes down to motor force vs cone area. One more thing to consider is that you may need as much as 10 cubes net for the 4 12s, but you may need as much as 13 cubes net for the 18s.

or just get 3 aq 15's and be right in between :D

Honestly, I like this idea because you could try to get D1.4 ohm coils and you could wire the subs to either .93 ohms, or 2.1 ohms, meaning you are not limited on the amps you can run.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

36pie x 4=144pie

81pie x 2=162pie

That's not quite how you calculate cone area. You need to measure the sub from middle of surround to middle of surround for the diameter.

But, yes an 18 has more cone than 2 12s. It really comes down to motor force vs cone area. One more thing to consider is that you may need as much as 10 cubes net for the 4 12s, but you may need as much as 13 cubes net for the 18s.

yeah i was just estimate cause every sub is different so its just an estimate. :drinks: if i was way off then my bad