Second Skin Audio

2 12's or 1 15?

msmith

I have two kicker comps im my room and i am not all that impressed i got them both for 119$ but if you spend a bit more money on two 12 u will be much more happy. Go with a slotted port.

what size are they in your room?

Subwoofer wise, I'd personally go with the 2 12s. More cone area. I had a friend with a ported 15 L5 on 1Kw and my 2 sealed Memphis 12s on half the power would blow them out of the water. Just my .02.

I also think you will end up having plenty of space, just use it wisely.

ok thanks! what kind of memphis were they?

My 12s were the Memphis 15-MCP12D4... However if you are going to go with 2 12s and plan on having the system for a while I would go with 2 Memphis 15-CM12D4... Memphis also makes a killer 15 though. It's the 15-CM15Q1, but I'm pretty sure you have to call them to order one. In reality, there is a very large amount of good brands out there, and it's mostly up to your personal preference... The thing I like about Memphis subs though is that they can really take a beating.

2 12's has more cone area than 1 15. simple as that.

instead of people just randomly recommending him brands and woofers, how about you tell us how much you're willing to spend then we can go from there.

would the budget include an amp, box materials, subwoofers, amp kit, etc? what do you need?

Which ever box you can get in there without chocking the sub, subs. But 2 12s has more cone area. I have 2 12 memphis m3s with the orange baskets on a bxi1610 at 2 ohms and I love it! Just make sure you do a good install! :good:

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Subwoofer wise, I'd personally go with the 2 12s. More cone area. I had a friend with a ported 15 L5 on 1Kw and my 2 sealed Memphis 12s on half the power would blow them out of the water. Just my .02.

I also think you will end up having plenty of space, just use it wisely.

ok thanks! what kind of memphis were they?

My 12s were the Memphis 15-MCP12D4... However if you are going to go with 2 12s and plan on having the system for a while I would go with 2 Memphis 15-CM12D4... Memphis also makes a killer 15 though. It's the 15-CM15Q1, but I'm pretty sure you have to call them to order one. In reality, there is a very large amount of good brands out there, and it's mostly up to your personal preference... The thing I like about Memphis subs though is that they can really take a beating.

ok ill have to look into those! thanks for the info!

instead of people just randomly recommending him brands and woofers, how about you tell us how much you're willing to spend then we can go from there.

would the budget include an amp, box materials, subwoofers, amp kit, etc? what do you need?

i have an amp right now but ill need box materials and sub(s) and im getting 150 for my old subs so somewhere around there.

i have an amp right now but ill need box materials and sub(s) and im getting 150 for my old subs so somewhere around there.

what kind of amp? model number would help a bunch. so 150 total for one/two woofers AND box materials?

Which ever box you can get in there without chocking the sub, subs. But 2 12s has more cone area. I have 2 12 memphis m3s with the orange baskets on a bxi1610 at 2 ohms and I love it! Just make sure you do a good install! :good:

thanks! ill make sure its a clean install!

+1....and cone area is king given all other things being equal. 2 12's imo based of what we do and dont know...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived