Sonic Electronix

At what db level should you disable your airbags?

I'm pretty sure hitting a speed bump jolts your vehicle more than any system would, you don't need to worry about that

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

the sensors are in the bumpers. so technically itd be real hard to make them go off unless your doing dbs straight to the bumper. i think i read that somewhere actually. its more of an impact thing not a vibrantion even though they are kinda both the same.

if that even makes any sense

Edited by lowsound10

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

I don't think that the airbag is even triggered by something in your cabin. Maybe if the sensor under the hood was receiving 160db it could be an issue. My car is pretty loud and I have yet to see an airbag error or anything.

:rofl: :rofl:

If the hummer aint set them off yet I think you`ll good dude :good:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

the sensors are in the bumpers. so technically itd be real hard to make them go off unless your doing dbs straight to the bumper. i think i read that somewhere actually. its more of an impact thing not a vibrantion even though they are kinda both the same.

im no expert, but it depends what kind of car you have on where your sensors are, in my car i have one in front of the back seat, right in the middle behind the center console.

its if the censor goes past X amount of G's then it sends the electrical signal to deploy the airbags. (just guessing)

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

im no expert, but it depends what kind of car you have on where your sensors are, in my car i have one in front of the back seat, right in the middle behind the center console.

its if the censor goes past X amount of G's then it sends the electrical signal to deploy the airbags. (just guessing)

your prolly right. i mean im sure its possible but really fuckin hard.

you have a sensor in your center console? what the fuck? what car?

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

Yeah what motivated me to take my fuses out is I took out my center console cause im bout to build a new one, and there was a sensor right under it. I guess it goes off when the console gets crushed but idk. Once that light pops on its easy to be paranoid im not a fan of airbags anyway so no big deal for me to not use mine :shrug:

edit: spelling

Edited by tlee2

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

The only way I see it being an issue would be in a walled burp vehicle that has side impact airbags. It would be one Hell of an accomplishment to do tho lol.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

your prolly right. i mean im sure its possible but really fuckin hard.

you have a sensor in your center console? what the fuck? what car?

behind the center console, like about a foot behind it.. 2009 honda civic ex 4dr. i just thought it was an odd place for it.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop