Sonic Electronix

Anyone ever do an install on an Electric Vehicle?

it uses a seperate battery to run the electronics as it does to run the electric motor.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

it uses a seperate battery to run the electronics as it does to run the electric motor.

What if one wheel powered the electronics and the extra 3 powered the motor?

Then what if they made a solar power unit built into the entire roof to help with the motor or electronics?

It's like an everlasting charging station on wheels!!!

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

What if one wheel powered the electronics and the extra 3 powered the motor?

Then what if they made a solar power unit built into the entire roof to help with the motor or electronics?

It's like an everlasting charging station on wheels!!!

Solar Prius?

solar-prius.jpg

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Solar panels produce very very little current and even if they covered the car, they would not be able to run even the smallest of amps that anyone of us would use for a bass amp. Technology is growing and they ae getting much better, but the cost of new technology is as always, through the roof.

No matter if you used a step down voltage module or reproduced excess 12v power through a generator run off the vehicle's drivetrain, it would effectively reduce the range of the electric car.

The car could use the braking energy to recharge as some hybrids have been doing for years, but under typical forward motion (not deaccelerating), any charging effect would be offset by the power consumed to turn the wheels (generator) and move the vehicle forward. In other words, it is the law of conservation of energy and the first law of thermodynamics. No true perpetual motion machine exists, in this case becuase of friction of moving parts and heat transfer (loss). You would expel more of your battery power trying to run an auxillary generator with mechanical and thermal losses than simply pulling off your origal power source. Either could be done to power a larger stereo, but once again, at cost of range of the electric vehicle.

"Dude, my shit bumps hard as hell, but I can't bump it too hard or we are'nt going to make it back to the house."

Edited by VOPA

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

I'm curious about this thread too, but for a different reason.

Multi-phase electric motors do not necessarily want to operated at 12 volts, so what voltage does an electric car operate at? Can you run an amp to this voltage??

Most hybrid/electric cars run off of 300 volts.

i have wondered about this as well but it really doesnt look possible. even on a hybrid where an alternator exists, the engine isnt on all the time.

the electric car market is not for us.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I was just thinking about something similar yesterday. I was reading up on apple's new patent on a hydrogen battery and it got me thinking about amplifier/subwoofer technology. Was thinking about a hydrogen amplifier, rather than running off of 20 batteries it could run off of the same fuel (potentially) as your car. We need to think outside of the box :)

What if the wheels turned to produce electricity and charge the car. Thus infinite car mileage!

That would be 100% efficient, therefore entirely impossible.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.