Purplehaze Posted January 4, 2012 Report Posted January 4, 2012 What's up guys, I just finished this 4th order blow-thru design for Brandon(99fullsizechevy), and was hoping some of the big dogs(Ray or Ram or someone who has done 4th Order's) could take a look and see what I may have messed up! Here is what I got, sorry it's so sloppy Thanks for any input! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Purplehaze Posted January 4, 2012 Author Report Posted January 4, 2012 The final dimensions are: 14.53ft^3 of ported, 7.42 sealed, 300in^2 of port area, 20in^2 port area per foot, tuned @51hz Outer - W 47" x L 60" x H 18" Inner - W 45.5" x L 58.5 x H 16.5 Inside of sealed sections (x2) W 7.09 x L 58.5 x H 16.5 (x2) 3.96ft^3 before displacements (x2) 3.71ft^3 after bracing (x2) 7.42ft^3 of sealed total Inside of ported section W 29.8 x L 58.5 x H 16.5 16.75ft^3 before displacement 15.05ft^3 after sub and bracing 14.53ft^3 after port, sub, and bracing Port dimensions W 25" x L 6" x H 12" 300in^2 of port area 19.88in^2 Port Area per ft Tuning @51.4 hz 3" of port length is external So, does anyone see anything I may have missed? Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Sanitarium Posted January 4, 2012 Report Posted January 4, 2012 i like it, for what my opinion's worth.
Purplehaze Posted January 4, 2012 Author Report Posted January 4, 2012 i like it, for what my opinion's worth. Thanks man, I appreciate your time! Your a SOTM winner, of course your opinion is worth something! A lot, actually! Anyone else care to chime in? This is my first 4th order & my first blow-thru design, so I just wanna be sure of what I'm about to do. And thanks again for your time and help! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
bcpballer64 Posted January 4, 2012 Report Posted January 4, 2012 Um I haven't really built one yet, but I'm about to, you could download winisd pro alpha and plug in those specs and see how it looks. It would at least give you a decent idea of what the box would be like response wise. But from what I know it looks like it should be good. "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
CJ18 Posted January 4, 2012 Report Posted January 4, 2012 What subs and how much power per sub? I would recommend planning out your airspaces based on this first.
Purplehaze Posted January 4, 2012 Author Report Posted January 4, 2012 Um I haven't really built one yet, but I'm about to, you could download winisd pro alpha and plug in those specs and see how it looks. It would at least give you a decent idea of what the box would be like response wise. But from what I know it looks like it should be good. Thanks man, I will have to get that & try it out 4 sure! What subs and how much power per sub? I would recommend planning out your airspaces based on this first. Subs will be Kicker CVR 15 d4ohm, and for amps - either 2 or 3 - AQ1200.1's. I can't remember for sure, maybe he can chime in? And I was trying to do exactly that based off those subs specs. So, what do you think? Also, thanks for your help! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Socky Posted January 4, 2012 Report Posted January 4, 2012 i like it, for what my opinion's worth. I would listen to him, his blow through drops nasty low. And he is pretty good at designing things. Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell Kenwood H/U 1/0 wire, 136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily 2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's 3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz
CJ18 Posted January 4, 2012 Report Posted January 4, 2012 Those are 500w subs, I would go with 1.5ft3 sealed per sub and 3ft3 per sub ported. 14-18in2 of port per ft3 and tune depending on what type of music he listens to. Mine I have tuned to 46hz and it gives me a 28-70hz bandwidth.
ptcary Posted January 4, 2012 Report Posted January 4, 2012 I say you build it, stuff it in the PT for testing! With only minimal 4th order experience years ago. I cant really help, sorry bout that. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.