DC Sound Lab

My first box.. feedback please

you are going to brace your port pretty good or the weight of the subs are going to make is sag and it will not be good.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

I think that is doing to be an awesome box with some beast subs :drinks:

Def to a double layer baffle though

i can say your xls should be very happy with that box. It is very similar to my wall but slightly smaller in volume which should give you a bit more cone control down low which will be nice since you are running a bit more power than me. To the ear (no TL near me that i know of) it crushes everything from 25hz to the mid 50s very flat and then trails off slowly above that, you should be happy.

As everyone says though, brace the hell out of it. I would add port bracing for sure as well as another brace going side to side. My entire wall is double layered birch on all sides including the port as well as threaded rod thoughout and the box vibrates obviously but there is no flex anywhere, something to consider i guess

Team NorthWestSPL

just noticed the port length/inner box opening thing. I would just take that one inch off of the port length on the inside and then make a big roundover. Tuning will be pretty much the same and you wont be restricting air flow...hope that made sense lol

Team NorthWestSPL

just noticed the port length/inner box opening thing. I would just take that one inch off of the port length on the inside and then make a big roundover. Tuning will be pretty much the same and you wont be restricting air flow...hope that made sense lol

I've always been fond of doing something like this to my ports on the inside

320242_1564511010884_1778659446_809034_1236516003_n.jpg

If I may pipe up and say something...the 18xl per sub only needs 6 cubes x 2 = 12 cubes. Your @ 16 almost 17 cubes. I would regroup your thoughts on that try and get it to a little over the 12 cubes to account for sub displacement. Good Luck! :drinks:

Edited by xterraboy03

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

If I may pipe up and say something...the 18xl per sub only needs 6 cubes x 2 = 12 cubes. Your @ 16 almost 17 cubes. I would regroup your thoughts on that try and get it to a little over the 12 cubes to account for sub displacement. Good Luck! :drinks:

the box is 12 cubes net.... ur looking at gross..maybe u should regroup ur thoughts :pardon:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

thanks all for the input :drink40: will play with numbers a bit tonight and see if I can't equal up the port entrance. as far as port bracing.. there will be an .75 along near and far sides that the port will sit on.. i was concerned with turbulence in the port area using the dowels.. it will be .75 birch.

dc18x2_box2.jpg

Edited by stanbro

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

Build v3.3 destruction and re-construction time!

Dowels won't effect it that much. Most likely won't notice a difference other than the port not collapsing lol

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)