Sundown Audio

Hifonics Colossus Issue

SpawnZ

And now that I look into it, the btl's are dual 2 ohm subs. According to this webby, http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=3 I may have wired them down to .5 ohm.

Uh oh.

Daaammmn lol. Nothin' like a .25ohm per channel clip test with voltage drop to see how an amp holds up eh?

Let us know how it works out :good:

Check out singer alternators as well. He might make your wallet not so skeered

Mechman is good too. And Ohio generator

I can only speak for Mechman though: A friend of mine just got a 270a and even with the alternator hot, his voltage never goes below 13v, with 2 shurikens + a redtop, on a 10,000 watt amp, wired to a half ohm, at IDLE :peepwall:

Not sure how the two compare to each-other, but I'm sure either would be quite an upgrade from the stock alt :good:

Wow a Colossus on stock electrical= Epic Fail. All jokes aside when I ran that amp I had a H.O. Alternator, big 3, xs power under the hood, 0 gauge throughout, Big stinger battery in the back and could still use more electrical. You possibly have your gain set correctly. Its appears you are in dire need of more electrical

I have the collosus and just recently installed a zues zx80.4 (640 rms @ 2ohms) for the mids and highs. I have a mechman 270 amp alt, xs power d3400, and a xs power d3100. After a while at full tilt (when idling) i do drop to 12.8-9 at the amp. I would recommend a mechman alt. and DEFINATELY a Group 31 deep cyle battery for that application.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

Archived