Sonic Electronix

OK, so my last post was about the Big 3 on my '00 Protege, but she got totaled shortly after making that post.

I've got a '02 S-10 supercab truck. I've got a "basic" system in there now; subwoofer and door speakers. It's nice, but my goal is to make a system that's loud and clear - not hardcore SQ, but I don't need 150db either.

I've got a Power Acoustik FUBAR 12" subwoofer, rated at 700w RMS (bought from a friend, used, for cheap) - 4 Polk Audio db651s door speakers (was recommended by the local car audio shop), and a pair of tweeters. I can get loud, but it drowns out anything other than the boom, heh. I was also recommended to buy a pair of (cheaper) Fosgate tweeters, which helped - but still not the "clarity" I'm looking for.

I've still got the stock head unit, as I don't have the cash for a double DIN receiver at the moment. CDs sound better than radio, but again, the loudness wipes out the clarity. I don't have any amps pushing my door speakers, and I'm not trying (at the moment) to make a competition car. Just something in my daily driver that sounds nice.

Any advice greatly appreciated, I've been reading for a few days now and I'm still learning quite a bit. Thanks for taking it easy on me.... :)

Is all that stuff installed ? i would get a new headunit for an ipod. IMO the ipod has the best quality over cd's and the radio. Also are your speakers and tweeters amplified ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I would def get an amp on those door speakers. Will make a world of difference. Your stock hu does not have the options to set things the way they need to be. Even if its a basic alpine, pioneer, kenwood, etc. its gonna outperform the stock one.

mivtCK.png

Until you ditch the head unit and go after market amping them is kinda pointless. You'll still have shitty input and to buy a decent loc you can buy a head unit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

my advice ditch the fords ;)

Ha - that's only because I want a Mustang, just to have fun in. :)

I would def get an amp on those door speakers. Will make a world of difference. Your stock hu does not have the options to set things the way they need to be. Even if its a basic alpine, pioneer, kenwood, etc. its gonna outperform the stock one.

Yeah, I know it won't sound as good without an aftermarket head unit. Is there more "advantage" going with a Double DIN versus a Single? My current stock is a Double DIN - considerably higher pricing (which is understood). Probably easier to just pull out and replace with a Double.

Different subject, is the current "combo" of speakers worth a damn, in regards to what I'm looking to do, or is that subjective to the operator?

Thanks again for all your help so far, definitely a learning process!

Is all that stuff installed ? i would get a new headunit for an ipod. IMO the ipod has the best quality over cd's and the radio. Also are your speakers and tweeters amplified ?

I'd love to see how a ipod playing a file at 320kbps being higher quality than a CD which is well over a thousand kbps, just saying. :)

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I'd love to see how a ipod playing a file at 320kbps being higher quality than a CD which is well over a thousand kbps, just saying. :)

No skipping ! However, with said setup skipping may be a non-issue.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db