Second Skin Audio

sub

basshead8569

Ok so this is the way it assembles and is actually your dimensions:

BHF.png

The center of the subs are 11 3/4",8" from the external edges.

Likewise the Ports are 3 1/8",4".

The placement of the ports is important since the ports should not be too near from each other and must not be placed where can weaken the baffle.

Let me know any questions or comments you may have.

I noticed that you have 2 pieces of board in the front where the subs go. I heard from different people different opinions on that. Some say it is a good thing. Some say it is a bad thing. What is your opinion on it?

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

BHF.png

The placement of the ports is important since the ports should not be too near from each other and must not be placed where can weaken the baffle.

I noticed that you have 2 pieces of board in the front where the subs go. I heard from different people different opinions on that. Some say it is a good thing. Some say it is a bad thing. What is your opinion on it?

lmao its never a bad thing to have a double front baffle its not allways needed but NEVER BAD lmao the people you talk to are funny as hell

also on that box it would be louder with no divider all one box just fyi

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Yes, there are no negative side effects on a doble layered baffle except cut both layers, in turn you get less potential resonance, less power loss and increased sound quality by moderate margins. Not strictly necessary but recommended.

BHF.png

lmao its never a bad thing to have a double front baffle its not allways needed but NEVER BAD lmao the people you talk to are funny as hell

It was a few people from here that told me about it. And I was thinking that I would cut the middle out of that divider. Thinking maybe extra box support??? If I am wrong correct me. Cause I am building a box when I come back from UP michigan. So all the advice will be nice.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

well there idiots then and don't lisen to anything eles they have to say about audio cause there talking out there ass

like the double front plate bracing is alllways good as long as you keep the displacment as low as you can (as in the less space you take up in the box with bracing but still bracing it the better)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

BHF.png

It was a few people from here that told me about it. And I was thinking that I would cut the middle out of that divider. Thinking maybe extra box support??? If I am wrong correct me. Cause I am building a box when I come back from UP michigan. So all the advice will be nice.

The divider doubles as bracing, usually is better to cut circles in it. BUT since you are running separate amplifiers the divider is highly recommended since the least mismatch on the gain of the amps will translate in acoustic load and power loss.

Take a look at this design guidelines document from kicker:

http://www.kicker.com/building_enclosures

I might go with a rockford forgate amp. Think the guy told me it does 1500 of constant power???? Thinking maybe getting 2 of those. But, yea think I should of thought about it before I said it. Made me look dumb. Thanks for the advice.

Archived