Wiring question.

In my trunk of my car my amp is taking too much space where I could put a Box So i went to try to mount it on something else and i noticed when i had my Wires ran from my first set up they were too short. Besides Running a new length of wire does anyone know what i could do to add on to the existing wire and how i would do it? I have too much stuff in my car for school and stuff to take my seat (fixed seat) and stuff out to run a new wire.

Run new wire it's honestly the best way to do it.

Had a car come to me after some amps were installed by a shop and this was found, don't extend wire this way unless you want a fire:

IMG_0074.jpg

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

a distro block would probably be the safest way, just don't overload the main wire

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Run new wire it's honestly the best way to do it.

Had a car come to me after some amps were installed by a shop and this was found, don't extend wire this way unless you want a fire:

IMG_0074.jpg

Wow. That's Ridiculous. I wouldn't want to do that because i thought about the Fire.

As for the Distribution Block. Would i have to put a second wire in safely if i'm just using another 4ga wire to my amp? I was thinking about this one. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_39624_Tsunami-TSFDB2-MANL.html

nice pic of the wire, and i have seen that before when i worked at a shop. But about extending the wire, i wouldnt personaly do it.I would just run a new wire.You have to remember the more connections the more resistance , and if its not a good connection you are asking for trouble.Poss fire or amp burning up,so take the price of new wire and see if it costs more than a new amp or a new ride, I will let you take it from there.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

nice pic of the wire, and i have seen that before when i worked at a shop. But about extending the wire, i wouldnt personaly do it.I would just run a new wire.You have to remember the more connections the more resistance , and if its not a good connection you are asking for trouble.Poss fire or amp burning up,so take the price of new wire and see if it costs more than a new amp or a new ride, I will let you take it from there.

I would do a new wire but I don't have the time to run a new wire through right now.

Archived