03 envoy installing pioneer avh-p4300 in dash

Back to a stock deck in my 03 gmc envoy and always wanted an indash so I'm gonna give it a shot. I was looking into the pioneer 4300 what do you guys think of it? I found it for under $400 shipped. I already have 2 12 in hype arghs on an old power acoustic amp that came with the car hah. The kid hooked up a line out converter and his hack job is causing problems. The deck randomly wont work until i disconnect the battery for a second then it's fine which is why it's pushing me to get a new one soon.

I'm just learning about the class 2 data system used in newer GM's. I was told at the first shop i went to it would be a minimum $300 to install not including a deck so I just left..

I've heard that I don't even need the interface if I don't care about the door chime's and the h/u will shut off when i turn the car off instead of when I open the door. I don't really care about either of those, so is it possible to just wire it up with a normal harness? Another shop told me I would have problems because of the automatic lights but I have no idea.

Also I found an old thread about someone having to use a 12v constant and ignition off of the fuse box under the back seat instead of the factory one in the dash. It said something about it not having enough voltage? I only found that one issue with that but is there anything like that, that needs to be done?

Thanks for any help guys

i got this 4300 deck last year last , and havent had a problem yet,i will point out several things needed to know, i have a 07 trail blazer so i also had issues with finding a 12volt acc wire, what i did was removed a few trim panels and pulled the carpet back and ran a wire from the fuse box to the radio, for a few dollars you can buy a( add a fuse adapter) and some heat shrink, you will spend less than 10 bucks on it and it will be solid, no shoving wires or wrapping them around fuses, also the 4300 comes with an ipod wire kit but it does not play videos, so if you plan on watching vids through an ipod you will need to get the recommended version, last but not least is its a bit different when it comes to watching vids if you plan on bypassing the brake/video wire you will need a relay,some one hear in the head unit section has already posted a how to on setting up the relay, works perfect, there are several ways mentioned in that post i cant remember witch one i used but a little reading and im sure youll find the right one. hope this helps out some.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

interface is only needed if you wish to keep chimes and steering wheel radio controls, you could just get a wire harness for your vehicle if you dont care also this is how the relay gets hooked up for video so you dont have to have it in park to watch vids

epexvq.jpg

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

I ended up gettin it installed for $450 with all accessories and relay done.. It was a $50 difference for them to do it and I was a couple hours away from home and really wanted to hear it haha.

I don't think I'll ever buy another h/u thats not a touchscreen. I haven't found anything I don't like about it yet. Best h/u I've had by far and sound quality(i know it was swapped from stock but still) is amazing.

Where did you find it for under $400 shipped? Might look into getting this when I get my tax refund

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical