Plastidip coated rims

Ok I've youtubed a few vids and went to Plastidips website. Does anyone know if this rubber coating holds up to everyday use. I've got 20's on my truck. They where on the truck when I bought it a few months back. But the chrome part of the rims are flaking and looked burnt. The other part of rim is charcoal grey and in perfect shape. I was gonna mask that off and just paint the chrome. Just wanted to know how durable this stuff is. I can't afford to get the rims powder coated or new rims at the moment.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

I forget who, but a member here is plastidipping his rims today. Dude with the silver beemer.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

sand down the chrome, mask and paint to color match maybe. I've seen plastidiped rims but im not sure how well it would actually hold up

Edit: spray on chrome sucks imo which is why i say to color match

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Ihave my wifes is300 rims plastidipped. Holds up exceptionally well against even a pressure washer.. and to spray plastidip, no sanding or scuffing is needed. Clean, degrease, wipe dry, and spray a couple coats. Also I have seen on youtube people recommend to line up regular old playing cards on the rim lip and between the tire, I did not do this, I just placed some newpaper around the tire a little but you want to get the plastidip right inbetween the rim lip and tire and once dry just run a razor blade light around the tire to leavea stencil outline and peal off the unwanted plastidip off the tire. Hope this helps a little, I had to redo my first set 3 times before I liked the final product.

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

You don't need to sand to plastidip.

I plastidipped some of my truck parts and it looks good and it hasn't messed up at all. I only did it like a month ago though.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

There a ton of videos on Youtube and I've visited a bunch of forums...the Plastidip will flake and chip, after a decent period, but it is very easy to touch up.

I plastidipped my mirrors and drew some graffiti on them to test out the Plastidip. The sharpie marker is faded, (4 months later) but the plastidip is in perfect condition. I imagine if I put a few layers of clear coat enamel on them, they would be set forever.

Google it

What about extra weight on tire. Doesn't need a rebalance. How long Poplero did you let sit before each coat? I appreciate the help guys. And I have a friend who's a paint and body and is gonna help me do it if I go this route.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Archived