A little something for fun

id like to ask where u live so u can build me a box :D i have $$$ to pay u to build me one rofl nice work and u got steve in ur thread so u know ur doin something right :good:

E/ u said ur a veteran builder from houston so nvm :P

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

That box is Epic :D , I can't wait till that masterpiece gets finished

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Really looking forward to how this turns out! Great work so far. Welcome to the forums :drinks:

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

I put in an hour tonight and got a little bit of plexi work done:

I need to make a glow plate. In the old days, we used neon when we wanted something to glow. LEDs are nice. They definitely simplify stuff without the noise and high voltage issues. I used my template to make a copy again.

a56082d4.jpg

d2b2e8d1.jpg

74cb4710.jpg

Now, as many of you know, clear plexi will not glow so I have to make a surface the light will reflect from. I use my DA Sander with some 80 grit and 4 seconds later both sides of my clear plexi are now frosted plexi. So far so good.

42c810ec.jpg

ac1d2604.jpg

Rough drawing and LED placement map. Time to drill it. Going to the old Press.

2166fb45.jpg

8db4eb2d.jpg

This is what makes me mad. You can't trust anyone's measurements but your own. I used a sticker that was on the back of J's truck to make my image and templates. I know it's my fault for not checking, but the damn sticker was not proportioned correctly. One side is bigger than the other. Now a better fabricator might throw all this in the trash and start over, but let's face it. I'm doing all this for free and I think I can come close to fixing it where it won't piss me off too much every time I look at it. SO here it goes. I have my caliper in hand, my straight edge, my ball point pen... let's draw some shit and see what comes out of the other side...

6c5ea829.jpg

65f98ff4.jpg

SO that's it for tonight. My Glow plate is ready for LEDs. My Face plate is ready for paint, and my ass is ready for the couch and some TV before bed... Tomorrow's another day. Night all..

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Damn man i wish i had 1/4 of the skill and craftsmanship that you have. You do amazing work man keep it up!!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived