DC Sound Lab

dc 5k at .5ohm on 16v

Hey another quick ? about this. is it safe to run the alt, amp, and batts at 16v for a daily system? or would it all be more reliable on a 14v or 12v system since its not for competion use at all. just daily ground pounder. just trying to consider all possibilaties before i drop the cash on new batterys.

14v/16v systems are fine for daily as long as you have 2 charging systems imho.

I charge my d1600s @ 18v, wish i could charge higher but my 9ks dont like anything above 18.1

14v/16v systems are fine for daily as long as you have 2 charging systems imho.

I charge my d1600s @ 18v, wish i could charge higher but my 9ks dont like anything above 18.1

This right here^^^^

On 16v I would charge no higher than 17.9v to run the 5k. This is why for a daily I would go with 14v that charges at 16.8v and with the singer 350a unit you have, you should have little to no voltage drop. I would expect the 5k to put out 6500w plus at 16.8v and 1 ohm reactive.

• 3 months later...

sorry to re hash this, but to save me starting a new topic providing my charging system is up to it the 5.0k will run .5 ohm load with no worries on a daily basis? ive got two dc xl 18's that are dual 2 ohm and wanted to use the 5.0k but before i buy just wanted to check this issue... cheers

i was thinking two of these per amp with a 300 amp alt would that be sufficient? or is a battery aimed at car audio more suitable eg xs power, kinetic etc

http://aussiebatteriessolar.com.au/batteries/170ah-8v-deep-cycle-golf-cart-battery/

Edited by im45pl

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg