DC Sound Lab

Level 3 12" Max Power?

your hifonics is good for you! and although it is not the best amp on the market, it is not the crappiest either. it will do "rated" output! but at a very dirty signal to the subs!! 1600 watts of "x brand" is not necessarily 1600 watts of "y brand". all things are not created equal.

enough pissing, back on topic... DC subs :good:

Edited by UKnoitsMe

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

I dont want any pms. I have enough I wont read. Youve simply taken what youneed to hear from fecupes test and disregarded everything else. Mainly is souped up battery bank and multiple runs of wire to eliminate voltage drop or the fact that he's not testing distortion. It may give you that power at 15% thd at that.

You want an accurate test. Do it like every other person who's going to buy one is going to do. Run it off a stock battery with a single run of 4 gauge to it. That way you can say look at how beast my amp is it makes my light dim and voltage drop into the 11s!

what other choice do i have? i have like 3 ohms of box rise so testing mine is pointless. (not a 160X, but a brz)

and finding CREDIBLE information on the internet about car audio is just about impossible.

but ill take your advice and be quiet and go read some more.

oops, im a slow typer, but yes. back on topic lol

Edited by Sheena

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I tend to take Nate's word....for several reasons, but yea...I really want to throw 800rms unclipped at it and it sounds like it will be alright.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

800 would be fine. crossing over to 1000 i wouldnt think so.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

To be on topic, I would go with 750w of clamped clean power. You have to remember that the suspension on that sub is based on the stock suspension as well. You can add spiders to raise the mechanical power handling of the sub, but with stock spiders I would stick with 750w. Also the m1 does not have the cooling or the motor strength of the new m2s.

I tested the m2 level 3 Protos. 1000w is a perfect stock rating in those subs, so how could I recommend putting the same power to the m1 version?

I can do clean and clamped 800.....well, soon I can anyway! :yahoo:

Are the T/S for the m2 the same? Reasoning, if I blow it will a new m2 feel at home in the same box?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

I would not worry about the t/s specs. Yr enclosure recommendations will not change.

What alot of people don't realize is that the t/s specs will actually vary from sub to sub depending on break in. They will change from the time you get the sub to the time that the sub is fully broken in. Break in will vary from build to build also.

Not only will parameters change from one subs suspension to another it will also change from one coil to another.

If theres any question on whether your sub will take your amp.... get the m2 lvl 3. Its rms rating is 1k. End of concerns lol

I haven't bought the amp yet.....thats the point of this thread. I already have the sub, I'm selling my current amp in order to buy one that is both more efficient and powerful......thats why I want to know!

And Cody....no....I didn't know that, but I'm a knowledge junkie so thanks for layin' that down!! :drinks:

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500