Sonic Electronix

Ok so i have 2 kicker 12" dcvr and then 2 8in dc audio level 2 subs. 2 kenwood performance series 1800 watt amps and then a dc audio 2.0k amp. XS Power 2700 in rear. XS Power D3100 (replaced the cars stock battery.)Mechman 220amp alt and I kept the 110amp stock alt which is also new. I have 3 fuse blocks and a 10 farad capacitor.. Now my radio goes to 50. I know that I get distortion at 45. So I never go above 40. And my batteries are getting charge. But, even when I start the car and let it warm up before I turn the system on and then get into it. It will hit hard then drop and not hit as hard. And it only does it when I am at 28 or higher. 27 and lower I dont have that problem.... What should I look at for the problem??? Could it be that I have a mechman 220 amp alt with the stock motorcraft 110amp alt? Or a sign of a bad amp? The dc audio I just got from a guy at work today and set up today. But, I fully disconnected those 2 subs and amps and made it for it is just the kickers. And still does it. And then with the dc only still does it... Any suggestions???

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Didnt you already make a thread similar to this? Can we get some pics of your dual alt setup? Sounds to me like a massive voltage drop issue.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Didnt you already make a thread similar to this? Can we get some pics of your dual alt setup? Sounds to me like a massive voltage drop issue.

No. I posted about a box that turned into people running there mouths. But, like I said not here to start crap. Here for help on my first build. So, ill have to take a pic when the snow is gone. My alts are on the passenger side of my car towards the bottom of the engine. I thought that it was a voltage drop. Now what should I check for that? I checked all my grounds and the connections on amps and alt and batteries and all. I had someone inbox me saying it could be not enough amps from the alt. That one mechman high out put alt with a stock alt is not a good combo. So, in the morn I am going to order a second one. But, till then is there something else I should check?

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

how are your gains set?

I dont remember. I used the dd-1 meter. So, i dont remember the setting. I looked at steve meades youtube vid on his dd1 before I used it. Very nice difference since till this problem

Bad ground.

I checked all my grounds.

have you tried this without your cap hooked up?

No. But, when I told people that I have a cap they said they are useless. Unless you have stock battery and alt and running 1,500 watts and under.. Do not know if this is true or not. But, since it is snowing and raining by me.Think I have to wait till I get time to goto a friends or something to get it in a garage and not out in the cold and snow.... Plus I have to take subs out of box and unscrew the box and do a lot of work....