Looking into a starter piece like a Springfield WW2 mil spec before I save my pennies and drop the change on a trp operator. I'm digging the single stacks I wasn't a fan before but the operator changed my mind. Just wanted a bit of a beater to develop that good ol' muscle memory. Any other 1911's in the $5-600 you gents would recommend?

the springfield range officer i think it was looked pretty promising for a tad bit more.

id honestly wait for hugh g rection or n8ball2013 those are the resident gun nutts

Edited by grim83

5-600 for a 1911 it wont be new or a name you have herd of. there very expensive

Wrong you are sir....

Go with rock island armory they are GREAT weapons and will not let you down there stickers start at 450ish

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

yup in that range a rock island will do you solid.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks gents going to do some research now. I don't plan to mod the starter piece just get a good idea of the dynamics of that style of pistol. I've just handled double stacks until I shot my friends kimber and really liked it, the trigger and feel were totally new but I had that "I must have one" epiphany

Edited by flashlight_65

• 4 weeks later...

the springfield range officer i think it was looked pretty promising for a tad bit more.

id honestly wait for hugh g rection or n8ball2013 those are the resident gun nutts

springfield range officer is what i shoot. it is absolutely THE best value in 1911's. 75 feet off hand and shooting 2 inch groups...... not bad at all.... lol

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

for that price you might be able to find a good used kimber. i won't be selling mine but i know they are out there.

03 Santa Fe E A 200 amp alt,JVC AVX840,kenwood 6.5 fr speakers,eclipse 6.5 rears,mids/high amp XTA-2160, sub amp XTA-5000d,0 guage throughout,batts-front/1 batcap 2000,rear/ batcap4000,2 C&D Dynasty agms, subs 2 DC XL M1 15"s in a music box tuned to 28hz....for now.

Well i can ATTEST to how well a Rock Island Tactical shoots.... You can grab one for right around 500 they are solid to :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌