Sonic Electronix

Hi all clearly im new to the forums and fairly new into audio i got into it probably a little more than a year ago but i have gained MUCH expirence and learned A LOT in that time most of it self taught or self studied seems i cant find good help or good informational people in my area :(

in the time i have been in this hobby ive owned a TON of different stuff and formed my OWN opinions and i ALWAYS form my OWN and take what others say into consideration..

but like i said while i feel i know a decent amount there is ALWAYS stuff i need to learn or learn more about and thats why im here is to learn and chat about my favorite hobby since i have no friends personally that are into it :(

ill list some of what ive PERSONALLY owned and of course ive had hands on expirence with many more

Subs and amps

JL - 8 inch w7's, 10 inch w6's (newer style)

Audiopipe - Eye candy 12s and 15s, Audiopipe 1500D and 3000D

Rockford -12 inch t1's (black model), 12 inch HX2 power series (both need new coils), t1500, t2000

Kicker - 10 and 15 inch L7s and 15 inch L5s, 12 inch CVRs

Crystal Audio comp 12's (possibly the best made subs ive ever seen

Walmart 12 inch duals (i LOVE these lol) and walmart 10 and 12 inch sony explodes

MUCH MUCH more hifhonics, orion, pioneer, JVC, SSL, Soundstream, and idk

but a lot of personal expirence and i cant wait to have more or get my first 18 :)

i am def not an expert wont even try to consider myself anything close i need to learn A LOT more about the actual wiring/powering of systems (while making them nice) as well as ohm loads i tend to have to look it up a lot and i really want to get good at boxes but im not good at figuring air size or port size or frequency or how to tell or how to do it blah its very complicated to me!

*************Rate and critiqe my primary system***************

For fun and help im curious what i can do to help this out or what i NEED to do to help my system out or just peoples opinions

I have 4 12 inch rockford t1s newest model they are all dual 2 ohm subs. They are in a big 10 cube (after displacement) ported box tuned to 32 hertz. To power them i have 2 Audiopipe 3000D amps, i have my primary battery (idk much about it but its HUGE) with stock 120 amp alt (i think is what it is) i zero guage hyperflex wire running to the back connected to 2 optima red top batteries

the deck is a panasonic double dinn idk model off hand its older 05 i think..

i know this still has a lot of imporvement to get to where i want but honestly ive been slowly working on it as money isnt sometihng i have a lot of :/ but thats also whyt i am asking for input to see what i need to still work on :)

Thnaks and im looking forward to learning from the members of this forum

Welcome!

1993 Full Size Blazer

Pioneer 7200HD

AQ 90x4

AQ 3500.1

Big Three 0/1

DC Power 270xp

2 DC Audio 15" XL M2

85 SQ feet of Audio Technix deadner

Sound Stream BX-20z epicenter

Front 4x6 Polk DB

Doors 2 sets Polk MM 6501

Rear Polk MM 5401

All Stinger HPM wiring

welcome just to warn you don't drop the volts too far it will cause clipping and the power those amps will consume that alt like nothing upgrade should help lots

to find out how much they are consuming you can take volts x amps x (efficiency of the amp + 100%) to find the total amp consumption

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

welcome just to warn you don't drop the volts too far it will cause clipping and the power those amps will consume that alt like nothing upgrade should help lots

to find out how much they are consuming you can take volts x amps x (efficiency of the amp + 100%) to find the total amp consumption

Oh thanks! ill do that

also thanks for the battery thing but why is that? i have done this quite a bit im not sure how it makes a difference though

and thanks for the hospitality

also would it be expensive to add a dedicated altanator?

Archived