Sonic Electronix

ease of installation. I enjoy the fact that I can order fuses blocks terminals etc easily and receive them quickly without having to worry about it being custom made or looking like some trash found on the side of a construction site. I dont find one run of wire to be cool either and I can't imagine trying to bend that into a tight space.

But since you are at it lets see some installs with this stuff. go on we are waiting. remember what sounds great in theory may not live up to the practicality of really doing it.

Also while we are at it please remove the advertising from your signature.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

im guessing we wont see any. Since the user is touting his shop in his signature(which im sure he's a worker bee at) and there isnt a single high power install on either the facebook or the website. This comes off to me as productive trolling. Lets get these guys who have 5kw plus cars fired up and see if I can get a few clicks.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Monstrous Wire! Main problem i have with his logic is that one wire will have lower resistance causing it to pull all the load threw it. Wrong. As soon as current pulls throgh the lowest resistance wire it will heat up and resistance will increase thus making another wire the lowest point of resistance. As all the wires go through this, the resistance will eventually reach equilibrium and current will be equally divided. All this should happen in a matter of a second. So no one wire carries the current load of the system. Correct me if i am wrong. This is how my circuits teacher explained it to me in one of my electrical engineering classes.

Current Set-Up

2004 Chevy Tahoe

Subs: 2 DC XL 15's

Box: 8.5 ft^3 @ 38hz

Amp: Amrican Bass VFL 500.1

Alt: Db Electric 250amp

Batts: 2 Kinetic HC 1200s

Radio: Pioneer 3300UB

Doors: Pyle Pro Mids/Goldwood Tweets

Amp: Alpine MRP-300/Hifonics ZX80.4

Wire: Kicker 1/0 Guage

Termlab: 153.1 Outlaw Style @ 46HZ

ease of installation. I enjoy the fact that I can order fuses blocks terminals etc easily and receive them quickly without having to worry about it being custom made or looking like some trash found on the side of a construction site. I dont find one run of wire to be cool either and I can't imagine trying to bend that into a tight space.

But since you are at it lets see some installs with this stuff. go on we are waiting. remember what sounds great in theory may not live up to the practicality of really doing it.

Also while we are at it please remove the advertising from your signature.

i agree. Before you come in here showing us how we are all dumb for running multiple 1/0......lets see some installs that you have done with this. Also, guess what, after you run that big ass bologna wire (which is cool and very interesting dont get me wrong), you still need to reduce it down to fit the amp(s). Anyway, it seems like fun but a pain in the ass. Show us how its done, we are all ears.

also, i removed the advertising from your sig. Please dont put that stuff in there again. Thanks! :drinks:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Lets get these guys who have 5kw plus cars fired up and see if I can get a few clicks.

haha.

took me awhile to get it.

i did look up his site but didnt see anything amazing

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

you don't have to have a single conductor to carry the current, it can be divided into multiple conductors. 4 paralleled 1/0 gauge wires carries a total of (assuming 300amps each) or 1200 amps. Each fused according to the individual wire and not the total current draw of the circuit.

How in the hell would you hide and or bend wire that thick?

there really isn't readily available products for car audio.

1/0 gauge is good for close to 300 amps

.....seriously? that's like a 15% drop in voltage......

I rather have my voltage -amperage.carried by multiple conductors....

This is not ideal in any way, except 'ease of use' - and that's my point. In an ideal world, we would use 1 conductor that is the right size. Multiple conductors with fuses too big is extremely common, and unsafe. If it weren't for the very low voltage in cars, there would be a lot more dead idiots out there attempting installs.

I know perfectly well this is a crazy idea, I'm just posting it up and stirring the pot :D

car audio 0/1 is almost equivalent to 2/0. it barely fits in 2/0 copper lugs.

1/0 wire also will fit fuse holders without any additional modifications.

that 9/0 wire would need a special fuse as well made if you are really pulling all that current through one wire.

if the wire is $50/foot, 9/0, knu wire would still cost less total per foot and rated more combined. plus no need to wait for special lugs, fuse holder and fuses.

This is not true - it looks bigger, but it's just because it has small strands. It's not in the manufacturers favor to 'overrate' their cable, they just want 290845712039468123 strands so it looks impressive. Flexible wire is nice to run, not nice to terminate.

When I saw $50/ft is a bargain, I was factoring in the connectors. Those cheapo fuseblocks, tiny lugs, etc don't work up here. they rust to crap in no time.

All of you guys struggling with voltage drop can swap out all that cheap 'car audio branded' crap (usually) and get some real stuff for 10x the price and see a big improvement, and it will last.

All you need is a breaker - I know these are a few hundred bucks.

This is 2000amps

1319817757_img0.jpg

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

before you make another post and I mean this. Let's see some photos of big installs youve done.

I do like how you picked and chose what to address.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived