Sonic Electronix

im thinking about getting an i-pod for when i get a new car, the car im driving now is a 1992 chevrolet cavalier and its just for work n school. What would a decent price be for a I-pod? Also, what do you need to install it into your car just an adapter? Also, does an I-pod skip music like a cd player thats the main reason, im tired of having my shit skip on me. so, cost of the I-pod + installment = how much do yah think?

I dont have like 1000 songs, but I reckon I could get up their so how much space would I need?

any tips/ideas would be helpful.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Theres alot of I-Pods out there so the price is hard to say, do you have an aftermarket deck in your car? If so you can by the adapter so you can control the ipod through your deck (if its capable) or on some they have a input on the front which is just a 3.5mm jack cable, but if you have a stock deck they sell wireless transmitters if you dont have a tape player on it, if your stock deck has a tape player then they sell a tape adapter for the ipod.

Theres alot of I-Pods out there so the price is hard to say, do you have an aftermarket deck in your car? If so you can by the adapter so you can control the ipod through your deck (if its capable) or on some they have a input on the front which is just a 3.5mm jack cable, but if you have a stock deck they sell wireless transmitters if you dont have a tape player on it, if your stock deck has a tape player then they sell a tape adapter for the ipod.

cant remember off the top of my head, I think it has a tape player, so its sort of like the same thing using a regular cd player for a cd player, buying the lil tape thing accept this is with a i-pod. thanks for the info.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

The tape thing has pretty bad quality, if you have an after market h/u then you should consider dropping the 20 bucks or so to buy the adapter for the ipod. like what was said above, if it is ipod compatable this is the best option, if not, most after market h/us have 3.5 mm plugs to plug your ipod in the front. I'd reccomend anything but the tape player ... unless it's your last option.

They also make FM transmitters so you can play it through the radio, event his is better than the tape player imo

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

Ive installed all types of Ipod adapters and even the fm modulated ones make great music sound like ass! Just drop the extra money for the one that controls your Ipod from the aftermarket deck (if you get one).

and I have never heard of an Ipod skipping cuzz its just a mini harddrive but, Ive seen them freeze up and you just have to reset them..

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Ive installed all types of Ipod adapters and even the fm modulated ones make great music sound like ass! Just drop the extra money for the one that controls your Ipod from the aftermarket deck (if you get one).

and I have never heard of an Ipod skipping cuzz its just a mini harddrive but, Ive seen them freeze up and you just have to reset them..

Ask galacticmonkey about the iPod skipping. :P

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Nice little head-unit... Comes with iPod cable, iPod controls built-in.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_8520_Pione...DEH-P490iB.html

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo