Second Skin Audio

Criticism Needed! *click me*

no i don't take it that way at all man im just trying to learn. teach me

Thank you, for real dude. I'm more than willing to teach you (and anyone willing) everything I know but even then that is limited by my own personal knowledge and experience. My PM box is always open if you (or anyone) has questions, hell I'll give my personal number if needed.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

:popcorn:

hey this is really off topic but if a mod sees this and feels like changing my title, i would be more than happy to give up having a cameltoe.

please and thank you,

--Jesse

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Soo, lemme get something strait, you said in a ported box with the port directly behind the subs the air would escape without pressurizing the box, I got that, and it would help to cause over excusing and such case mechanical failure of the driver...

But in a band pass box isn't it the idea for the sealed sided to help control that so that the ported side can more efficiently do it's job, with having to tune low to be able to play low without much worry?

So my overall point is with the subs that far away from the port in his sketch how would it not pressurize the space at all before it left thru the port? Even if it does escape some without pressurizing it to full extent isn't the sealed section going to still yet do its job in helping reduce the chances of mechanical failure resulting in a still yet more efficient enclosure than a simple ported one?

I'm kinda tired so words my not be as clear to you guys as they are in my own head but hopefully you get the point

Edited by 99fullsizechevy

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

i think that's a valid point. maybe someone else can chime in here with the answer

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

this is what ive learned about bandpasses.. theres no magical formula for getting them correct..the ratio is more of a starting point and you tweak the box from there..its also very woofer dependent as to how the subs will react given the environment in the 4th order.. singer knows what american bass, dc, his LMS ultras (and a few others) how they will react given the environment they are placed.. basically it boils down to test,test,test..the ports the hardest thing to get right from what ive gathered

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

what i know is just from what i have seen. trends in the way boxes are designed and weather they work or not. lol... I dont really know why the wave reacts the way it does but i have seen TONS of box designs. And actually that the part of Car Audio that i love the most. How the box is designed and why. So with that being said With the designs that i have seen, lets say for ported boxes, (since the ported part of a bandpass seems to act the same as a regular ported box) I have noticed that if the box is longer you tend to find the subs on the oposite side of the box as the port. This is because you want the subs to pressurize as much of the box as possible inorder to create the proper cone movement and in turn get the most sound out of it. If the sub is aimed directly at the port and they are that close to each other then the box isnt going to pressurize. Its like playing the sub in free air especially with the port as big as it is. So the location of where the subs are in the chamber is actually very important in loading and pressurizing the enclosure. Now with the 4th order I dont think the sealed side of the box is suppose to counter act the loss of pressure in the ported side. It may help with that. But as far as i know Its the part of the box that is most responsible for the lower end of the frequency range. Thats why they tune bandpasses alot higher than regular ported boxes to account for the higher range of frequencies.

I dont know if that made sense or not or if it answered questions in this thread. Thats just what i have seen. If you want look at alot of designs that RAM does and notice he doesnt just put the sub in the middle of the baffle. There is a reason he puts them closer to one corner than the other, or closer to one side of the baffle than the other. Most of what i know is observations.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

and that's why you try to make the port removable :)

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.