Second Skin Audio

double baffle help

KenC210

with a single layer baffle, you would go down 16.25 inches (starting from the top of the baffle)

with a double baffle, you would go down 17 inches.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

with a single layer baffle, you would go down 16.25 inches (starting from the top of the baffle)

with a double baffle, you would go down 17 inches.

you mind explaining how you got that? just would like to see what im doing wrong

You have to add the thickness of your baffle to the length of the port so with a single baffle you would have to ad 3/4 of an inch if you used a double baffle you would add 1 1/2 inches to your port length. Hope this helps

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

A quick hint using joe-x pic - notice how the port length from the opening through the corner to the point where it butts up to the 2" long rear port piece is 22"? And notice it is equal to the 22" external overall total depth?

It will always be that way with a .75" rear wall and .75" port wall. The total port length for an L-shape port is the external depth + the length of the piece butted up against it.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Ok thanks joex that cleared it up. When it sayz physical port length at17.75 its acounting for the outside wall also then.

No it accounts for the thickness of the first piece of wood (top-down) as the port turns NOT the baffle thickness.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be for 2 15" sdc2.5 subs. The amps are 2 zx1000.1 one for each sub. will soon get an aq2200d. any input would be great

boxSpecs4.jpg

SubBox4.jpg

if i am using this box design and i am wanting to flush mount my subs could i just set another sheet of mdf on the top and make the cut outs for the sub to fit flush and just add .75 to the port depth or do i just add .75 to the external port section?

Archived