Using power wire as speaker wire for your subs

Well originally I was going to run 10 gauge speaker wire, but then I got to thinking to use 10 gauge power wire, today when I went to my friends house I went and grabbed 10 gauge since he doesn't have 8 gauge but the way I saw how the 10 fit in those terminals it looked like a 8 gauge will fit in thier nice with no problems. So most likely im going to run 8 gauge.

1997 Eagle Talon- going on a build :)

10 gauge is perfectly fine, unless you're running 30kw or something outrageous.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Yea, the wire that I was originally going to use was 10 gauge stinger speaker wire, but just now I went on woofersect.com and I saw they had the 10 gauge power and the 8 gauge, it says on the description for 8 gauge strand count for both pro and the hyper flex is 665, while the 10 gauge for only the pro stinger is also 665. And while the speaker wire goes for the 10 gauge it doesn't tell at all the strand count, but from the picture I saw that they showed on the website I might just go ahead and run the 8 gauge power wire for my subs :good:

Dont worry about strand count, it doesnt make a difference apart from making the wire more flexible.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I see what you mean, sorry if I sound like a noob, its just this will be my first build and im trying to see whats best way and what isn't. Im only gonna power about 3500 watts on the subs

10 gauge is fine. 20kw systems use 10 gauge all the time. A local builder/ world record holder here uses 10 gauge on his 18's..

TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order)

-2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass)

-4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets

-1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets

-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts

-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs)

-1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's)

-1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

2010-10-14171939.jpg

they're the same thing o.O

thats what i was saying unless one is true size and ones undersized or unless ones true size and ones oversized

Wouldnt make any difference. Wire is wire

so your tellin me there would be no difference between true 10ga and undersized 10ga thats more like 12-14ga? i understand to a point there wouldn't but i would think after so much power it would

Archived