I have been thinking about this for a while now and was wondering what u guys think. I'm thinking that gm should bring back the 8100 gas engine for trucks cause with the price of diesel and all the added price to buy one that a 8100 might be more situation for some people. Please post ur opinion

I have been thinking about this for a while now and was wondering what u guys think. I'm thinking that gm should bring back the 8100 gas engine for trucks cause with the price of diesel and all the added price to buy one that a 8100 might be more situation for some people. Please post ur opinion

The added cost of a diesel, and the price of diesel make up for the horrible gas milage the 8.1 gets. I think at best it got 8-12 mpg. It would cost you more in gas to drive that truck than a diesel that got 18-22 mpg's.

Edited by blade7022

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

The added cost of a diesel, and the price of diesel make up the the horrible gas milage the 8.1 gets. I think at best it got 8-12 mpg. It would cost you more in gas to drive that truck than a diesel that got 18-22 mpg's. Not to mention the gm diesel engine has more hp and torque than the 8.1 could dream of.

my thoughts exactly.. if you need that power.. might as well get a diesel.. way more miles out of them.more power. the extra money is worth it if your actually using yer truck.

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

I will recant my statment on power. When it was discontinued in 2007, the 8.1 had very similar power and torque specs to the duramax of that year. But will maintain on the fact of the desiel being more economic.

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

american car manufacturer need to get with the rest of the world and make engenes in all cars and trucks like the rest of the world over 100 hp per 1 liter of motor and 25+ miles to the gallon american car company's need to get with the program im mean they have a few but not in a price that everybody can do like the vet z06 6.1 liter over 600 hp over 22mpg but a heavy price tag where say a regular toyota camry has a 3.0 motor and over 300 hp and over 25 mpg for alot less money

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

american car manufacturer need to get with the rest of the world and make engenes in all cars and trucks like the rest of the world over 100 hp per 1 liter of motor and 25+ miles to the gallon american car company's need to get with the program im mean they have a few but not in a price that everybody can do like the vet z06 6.1 liter over 600 hp over 22mpg but a heavy price tag where say a regular toyota camry has a 3.0 motor and over 300 hp and over 25 mpg for alot less money

What does that have to do with anything in this topic????????? Alsopleaselearntousepuncutationsowecanbetterunderstandwhatyouaretryingtosay!!!!!!!!

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

I am sorry, but you fail. You just compared a Z06 Corvette...to a tucking camry. If you honestly think the miles per gallon for a lot less money applies in this comparison, then you don't get it at all.

And where is this 300 horse power camry?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If you're talking about GM, I had always thought the letters stood for Government Made, lol.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?