Just going through AudioSavings.com for a sub/amp combo and i noticed one main thing, all the amps are under powered to the subwoofer. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Like their $126.95 Kenwood sub and amp combo, the subs are rated for 200RMS and 800Max, yet the amp is only 150 bridged @ 4 OHMS per channel, but when you get up to the higher end subs like the 449.95 Apline package, you get 2 subs rated 300-600watts RMS with a peak of 2000Watts and the amp is 500 watts per channel, so it doesn't power it for the subs peak, but handles it for constant. Is this a ploy to get you to buy more subs? or is it for versatility if you just CHANGE subs on your own will (amp at diff OHMS is higher watts to allow different subs)? Also, if a subs RMS is supposed to be 1/2 of it's peak, why do some brands say that their RMS is (in some cases) 1000+ watts lower than it's peak? Will it EVER be able to reach it's max without blowing?

This is why they have packages like this, so when people like YOU try to put the sub "PEAK" power as you say, you can't come back and bitch when the sub is blown. Although I'm pretty sure judging by the way you are so focused on "PEAK" power you will find a way to blow them anyway.

:ninja:

No, i focus on the RMS since that's the actual amount of power that the AMP puts out and the Sub can take. Max is meant for extreme lows every once in a while, not constant. I DO know the difference lol. I'm a noob, not a boob.

Just going through AudioSavings.com for a sub/amp combo and i noticed one main thing, all the amps are under powered to the subwoofer. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Like their $126.95 Kenwood sub and amp combo, the subs are rated for 200RMS and 800Max, yet the amp is only 150 bridged @ 4 OHMS per channel, but when you get up to the higher end subs like the 449.95 Apline package, you get 2 subs rated 300-600watts RMS with a peak of 2000Watts and the amp is 500 watts per channel, so it doesn't power it for the subs peak, but handles it for constant. Is this a ploy to get you to buy more subs? or is it for versatility if you just CHANGE subs on your own will (amp at diff OHMS is higher watts to allow different subs)? Also, if a subs RMS is supposed to be 1/2 of it's peak, why do some brands say that their RMS is (in some cases) 1000+ watts lower than it's peak? Will it EVER be able to reach it's max without blowing?

This is why they have packages like this, so when people like YOU try to put the sub "PEAK" power as you say, you can't come back and bitch when the sub is blown. Although I'm pretty sure judging by the way you are so focused on "PEAK" power you will find a way to blow them anyway.

No, i focus on the RMS since that's the actual amount of power that the AMP puts out and the Sub can take. Max is meant for extreme lows every once in a while, not constant. I DO know the difference lol. I'm a noob, not a boob.

*Slowly walks away from this conversation*

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

LOL I started to Reply but I seen that coming Sensai LOL

And no Max does not have anything to do with lows, Max means nothing at all, it shouldn't even be on the label

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ill take over sensai

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

you just proved you noobness and boobness with that statment YOU HAVE NO IDEA what your talking about

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

And no Max does not have anything to do with lows, Max means nothing at all, it shouldn't even be on the label

max is good for burps it can handle that power for 1 second befor it blows like the aa mayhem has a max of 25,000 watts per sub :trippy:

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

max is good for burps it can handle that power for 1 second befor it blows like the aa mayhem has a max of 25,000 watts per sub :trippy:

Thank you, that's what i was trying to come say but couldn't really explain...it's meant for the maxx amount of watts it can take before going kaploot, not constant (rms) power. So no, i'm not a complete idiot, just have a bad way with words and explaining things. I'm just shocked that companies can fabricate power so much just to sell products.

Never look at peak or max ratings on subs or on amps. Only rms matter.

If you have a 600 w rms sub, you should be happy with a 400-500 w rms amp. No need to give the sub more than its rms rating, and remember that a sub doesn't need the full rms to be loud.

Box and install are the bigger parts to be loud.

Cadence is a good old brand.

Yea, that's one thing i've been confused about, having an amp rated lower than my subs, last time this happend, i burned out my amp, then got an amp rated slightly higher, then blew the sub....but it was an audiobahn 10" bass tube with the 300watt amp, then i had a 600 watt jensen amp thrown on that tube, and it hit HARD for a few days, but then blew the sub lol...i had fun with it. But i just want good subs for deep hard hitting bass for added lows to my system. I dont want junk, but this'd be a build on a budget (some ppl dont have to worry about it, but i do) Right now i have a jensen xs12 125 rms sub (paid $5) on a jensen 150 amp (paid $10), and it is slightly ok, but everytime i had my sony head unit (before it got stolen:( ) at 22/34 and the amp would go into protection mode. Got annoying so i want something that's higher rated when i get a new head unit.

You cant burn out an amp by having a sub that can handle more than the amp puts out. The only thing a sub can put into an amp is resistance.

If users are comfortable, can anyone viewing this topic, post what you bought from there, basically telling how they put their system together.

I have purchased quite a bit from AudioSavings mostly accessories here and there. I am not one for buying packaged deals as I am an equipment matching whore so I usually match my entire system to one brand or limit myself to specific brands that suite my needs. If I were you I would sit down and calculate a number that will be the max you can justifiably spend on a new system and then I would slowly piece it together by buying items bit by bit. Going balls deep into a new system but saying you have an extremely tight budget should not be in the same sentence. I suggest you figure out what you really need and go from there that would be the best route.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

he's talkin Max on a amp though

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones