Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, so im looking on starting my new build in my 03 explorer, im looking at a $800 sub and amp budget... and want to get the absolute most spl out of my system. This is what im leaning on right now... 1 DC lvl 3 15 on a AQ2200d.. also with ur suggestions add box suggestions.

Current electrical: Stock 100a alt, Big3, 2 yellow tops, and 1 Duralast Gold also a couple marine batterys if needed.. but i didn't plan on using them

Dimensions: 41D 33W 20H

EDIT: Not planning on running the 2200 full gain on the lvl 3.. ofc it can't handle it, just wanted to go ahead and get it for future builds. Also im not stuck on DC, i'd be happy with any sub as long as they pounded for my price range

Edited by TwinkeyMerchant

I would go with the new level 4 if you wanna run that much power. Then get in touch with RAM-designs for an enclosure and check out fecupe's SPL gains thread. That will really be the most helpful and utilize your budget the best

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I would go with the new level 4 if you wanna run that much power. Then get in touch with RAM-designs for an enclosure and check out fecupe's SPL gains thread. That will really be the most helpful and utilize your budget the best

Thanks man, i was really thinking on steping down to the 1200 but i kinda wanted to see how well the lvl 3 could take the 2200.. which from what i herd they can take a good amount with ease.. im cutting the budget close with the lvl 3.. i doubt i can afford a lvl 4.

you want SPL, or it to be loud to ear?

edit:

that AQ2200 would be good for 2 level 3s, it is too much for 1, unless you adjust the gain accordingly.

level 4m2 is a much better option and would take all of it like a champ

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Who told you they can take 2200rms "with ease"?

Save your money. Then buy an m2 Level 4 w/ level 5 upgrade. Or an m1 XL. That is, if you wanna stay with DC.

Edited by That1Kid

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Who told you they can take 2200rms "with ease"?

Save your money. Then buy an m2 Level 4 w/ level 5 upgrade. Or an m1 XL. That is, if you wanna stay with DC.

DC is great, but there are a plethora of other great companies. Fi, SSA, AA, Sundown, etc. you probably know the rap sheet.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

you want SPL, or it to be loud to ear?

edit:

that AQ2200 would be good for 2 level 3s, it is too much for 1, unless you adjust the gain accordingly.

level 4m2 is a much better option and would take all of it like a champ

well i don't plan on taking it to any comps or anything so long as its loud to ear i guess exact numbers don't matter.. but im gonna do all i can to get everybit out of it.

And to all, i never planed on running the amp full gain. the only reason i wanted the 2200 is for future builds..